The 100th Giro d'Italia

'Dale

a Giant, a Merida and a Canyon podium.

Not the prettiest TCR on the road (color wise) I must say.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be a *** week.

Hammer series this weekend .

Tour De Suisse soon too... I think.. head is spinning.. maybe we all could just do with a little bit of rest.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Don't think so, this has been a progression with Tom, remember how close he came at the Vuelta in 2015. That was unexpected and showed he just needed a team to help him, and he got that this time but still he seemed a bit lonely later in the big mountains.

And yesterday, lucky he had a few mates to help him loosing more time when they were chasing.

It says a lot when riders get assistance from other teams.. few riders get that..

Hammer series this weekend .

Tour De Suisse soon too... I think.. head is spinning.. maybe we all could just do with a little bit of rest.

Yeah for sure, and I'll save a lot of bandwidth.

Thank the Lord for Tom's poop. It really made the race so much more interesting going into the final day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#poopgate

That was a highlight

#nairobunnyhopsttbike

That was remarkable

#copbikecrash

That was horrendous

Don't think so, this has been a progression with Tom, remember how close he came at the Vuelta in 2015. That was unexpected and showed he just needed a team to help him, and he got that this time but still he seemed a bit lonely later in the big mountains.

And yesterday, lucky he had a few mates to help him loosing more time when they were chasing.

I am sure, too. The more teams that compete the better. If Pinot, Tom, Froomedawg and maybe Chavez can all be there against Alberto, Valverde and Nairo things could be fun. Actually, I quite enjoy how Alberto races. Move him across.

#poopgate

That was a highlight

#nairobunnyhopsttbike

That was remarkable

#copbikecrash

That was horrendous

Dont forget Nibali's bunny hop while descending a freaking mountain. That was insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It says a lot when riders get assistance from other teams.. few riders get that..

There's another aspect to yesterday - the mob who made the break were all Romance language speakers so maybe there is a  cultural aspect.

BTW, Americas Cup racing is ON now, for those so inclined (ETNZ are pedal powered and Oracle Team US has one token pedal pusher)

Exciting till the end, just shows the class of TD and proves that a great GT rider must excel in all disciplines and not only on the mountains.

One of the most enjoyable GT's in a few YEARS (for me that is...)

REALLY enjoyed this GIRO and quite like the TT on the last day...it makes it more fun and exciting than the last Paris day at the TDF where they sort-of already have the winner on stage 20 and the Leader just has to stay on your bike for stage 21...well for me anyway, the last stage on TDF is a bit of a drag and a few laps around Paris is not my perfect end to an amazing GT that is "THE TOUR de FRANCE" (flame suit ON)...today was amazing and exciting until Quintana crossed the Finish line...well done to the GIRO's 100th edition organizers...WELL DONE!

TD deserved this win, he really surprised me on some of those mountains staying with the TOP DOGS...I must say I for one would not have predicted this result (and not an expert at predicting results or even a winner in cycling), but it just shows that the winner should have ALL the genres nailed down if you want to be a GT winner...well done to ALL and bad luck and sorry to those who had the mishap with the stupid motorcycle...what a TWAT!!!

Tom's pooper episode had an interesting twist to the last few stages...LOL.

Looking forward to TDF...not sure what to do until then...LOL.

Being a Merida fan myself...very glad to see the brand on the Podium.

Well done to all and it was awesome to read some of the comments the last few weeks...come on TDF 2017...COME ON!!!

What a stunning end to the Giro!!

Nairo Giro tour double didn't get off to a great start. Let's just hope there is nobody at le tour that can take 2 minutes out of him in a TT... oh wait...

I loved how in the third week they actually all looked finished, how one feels after a 200km bike ride on Sunday, then try walking the stairs at work on Monday kinda tired.

Well done Tommy D!!

Also glad we can stop having all these pro sportsmen that like each other, go out there hammer and tell the other oke he is a kn0b. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really great 100th edition of the Giro.

Fantastic performances all round.

Congratulations to TD, the Sunweb team and all his supporters.

Many thanks to all the hubbers for the posts and daily pics.  :thumbup:

It's been a hellavu 3 weeks.

Archived