The 100th Giro d'Italia

'Dale

What was that about karma?

Karma schwarma... It's a bike race, not a charity. The days of solidarity in the peleton are long gone. In fact, they've been gone since races take place in the day time, not during the night time as well.

But karma was indeed in evidence yesterday, in the form of TD's TT form. 

The right man won. But more importantly, I feel that cycling won, and don't we need that right now?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was for me a very entertaining Giro to follow. You never new what to expect. There was no team dominating and dictating the race. 

And most important to me, there was a new race winner.

I do feel sad for Quintana, I would have liked to see him try the double. Unfortunately for him, Froome and Team Sky will be better prepared come TdF

This was for me a very entertaining Giro to follow. You never new what to expect. There was no team dominating and dictating the race.

And most important to me, there was a new race winner.

I do feel sad for Quintana, I would have liked to see him try the double. Unfortunately for him, Froome and Team Sky will be better prepared come TdF

Must suck when you try and do the double, then lose the first one.

It will be interresting to see how Quintana will perform in the TDF since this was "almost" a winning performance and I wonder if he will have the form come the TDF.

It will be interresting to see how Quintana will perform in the TDF since this was "almost" a winning performance and I wonder if he will have the form come the TDF.

I think he may have burnt too many matches here. Had to put in alot more than he would have liked to, may get a podium but doubt he will get that top step.

Almost a winning performance against second tier stage racers, will have a problem when comes up against the likes of a fresh Alberto, Froome with his team and Bardet. 

To make matters worse for Quintana, he will have Valverde sitting on his wheel in France as well. 

I think he'll be good...  He did very little racing this year, so the Giro was maybe just what he needed to hit his form peak.  He will surely be way into "over-load" at the moment, but with a month left for some active recovery and picking up some weight I think he might even be better than he was at the giro start line...

Almost a winning performance against second tier stage racers, will have a problem when comes up against the likes of a fresh Alberto, Froome with his team and Bardet. 

To make matters worse for Quintana, he will have Valverde sitting on his wheel in France as well. 

i think "second tier racers" is a bit harsh...  It's a long shot to call Bardet a better "racer" than Nibs, he has yet to earn those credentials.  I think the giro field in 2017 was perhaps better than the TDF line-up that we're about to witness in a month from now.  I think if Tom can repeat his form of the last 3 weeks next year, Froomey has some work to do to stay top of the game

I think he'll be good... He did very little racing this year, so the Giro was maybe just what he needed to hit his form peak. He will surely be way into "over-load" at the moment, but with a month left for some active recovery and picking up some weight I think he might even be better than he was at the giro start line...

Very little racing, that's not entirely true.

He has had a typical GC build up to the season..will take the start for the TDF with more race days in his legs than some of his competitors.

Giro

Vuelta asturias

Tirreno-adriatico

Abu Dhabi

Volta Valencia

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

i think "second tier racers" is a bit harsh...  It's a long shot to call Bardet a better "racer" than Nibs, he has yet to earn those credentials.  I think the giro field in 2017 was perhaps better than the TDF line-up that we're about to witness in a month from now.  I think if Tom can repeat his form of the last 3 weeks next year, Froomey has some work to do to stay top of the game

Maybe second tier was a little harsh, but on previous results Bardet has finished closer to Froome than Nibali has ever.  

Its going to be near impossible for anybody to out ride a team that just aims for one tour a season. 

Maybe second tier was a little harsh, but on previous results Bardet has finished closer to Froome than Nibali has ever.

Its going to be near impossible for anybody to out ride a team that just aims for one tour a season.

Indeed.. not with the way Sky ride the Tour, it has and always will be their main if not the only objective of the year.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Second tier might be a bit harsh but the fact that Team Sky played no serious part in trying to win this race after their 2 contenders for podium crashed into a motorbike certainly  "weakened " the field and made life much easier for all the other GC contenders. 

Second tier might be a bit harsh but the fact that Team Sky played no serious part in trying to win this race after their 2 contenders for podium crashed into a motorbike certainly  "weakened " the field and made life much easier for all the other GC contenders. 

Lets not forget that even Katusha turned up the heat when they saw the chance for Zak attack! Very interesting how deep you can go when there is pride or a DS in your ear screaming.

Archived