So...  I three weeks ago I load my brother's bike on the bike carrier... In doing so I remove his CamelBak bottles from his bottle cages and put them down on the ground next to my car...  Needless to say - 30km later we unload his MTB and discover the water bottles are "not there".  Long story short I reckon - my fault - no worries - let me surprise him with two brand new ones.  Easy Peasy... Log onto Buycycle (we are in Pretoria/Jozi) they are close he should have his new bottles by the next weekend's ride.  Low and behold they have exactly what he needs (aka I need to buy him)... Click, In Stock, x2, delivery address, pay.  Wait for brother's phone call thanking me for the bottles...  Friday I casually ask him about the bottles...  Nope.  Furious, send mail...  No Stock Reply.  WTF???  The site said: "In Stock"...  Long story from BC/BRC... Okay, they offer larger bottles same price to be delivered Wednesday (last week i.e. end of September) in time for 3Towers...  Pick my boet up on Thursday, drive to Mankele.  Next morning he pulls out those "freebie race goodie bag bottles"...  WTF again. No delivery from BC/BRC...  

Long and short - Since Bruce "Powers" BuyCycle - the service levels has gone down...  Anyone else had the same Experience?  Or are we just unlucky... Thrice?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just about to buy a seat post from them.

Better mail them to ask if they have stock.

I was just about to buy a seat post from them.

i wouldn't bother. They not even cheap anyway . Even there specials that they email me aren't that great.

I had a similar experience with some Saint pedals. Online store indicated in stock, however they weren't.

hate that online stores do that ...really irratates the cr@p out of me. If there's no stock,update the bloody online store stock list so we know .

So...  I three weeks ago I load my brother's bike on the bike carrier... In doing so I remove his CamelBak bottles from his bottle cages and put them down on the ground next to my car...  Needless to say - 30km later we unload his MTB and discover the water bottles are "not there".  Long story short I reckon - my fault - no worries - let me surprise him with two brand new ones.  Easy Peasy... Log onto Buycycle (we are in Pretoria/Jozi) they are close he should have his new bottles by the next weekend's ride.  Low and behold they have exactly what he needs (aka I need to buy him)... Click, In Stock, x2, delivery address, pay.  Wait for brother's phone call thanking me for the bottles...  Friday I casually ask him about the bottles...  Nope.  Furious, send mail...  No Stock Reply.  WTF???  The site said: "In Stock"...  Long story from BC/BRC... Okay, they offer larger bottles same price to be delivered Wednesday (last week i.e. end of September) in time for 3Towers...  Pick my boet up on Thursday, drive to Mankele.  Next morning he pulls out those "freebie race goodie bag bottles"...  WTF again. No delivery from BC/BRC...  

Long and short - Since Bruce "Powers" BuyCycle - the service levels has gone down...  Anyone else had the same Experience?  Or are we just unlucky... Thrice?

so they have had your money for 3 weeks and no bottles. So much for convenience. I would ask for my money back and go to my local lbs.

Took over 10 days to get my cash back, in fact the Saints I ordered from CRC arrived before I was reimbursed the 1.2k I'd already paid.

hate that online stores do that ...really irratates the cr@p out of me. If there's no stock,update the bloody online store stock list so we know .

Most on line shops here are virtual shops: they don't keep stock, just list what suppliers list in their price lists, especially prevalent with IT industry.

Took over 10 days to get my cash back, in fact the Saints I ordered from CRC arrived before I was reimbursed the 1.2k I'd already paid.

disgusting !

I used to be a loyal Buycycle customer until...I once ordered 3 pairs of socks from them(before change of ownership). When I got the socks they were completely different to what was shown in the picture. I emailed them to let them to let them know and ask for them to be changed and they didn't even bother to respond. I haven't bought from them since.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I used to be a loyal Buycycle customer until...I once ordered 3 pairs of socks from them(before change of ownership). When I got the socks they were completely different to what was shown in the picture. I emailed them to let them to let them know and ask for them to be changed and they didn't even bother to respond. I haven't bought from them since.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

i don't get that kinda of service. Clearly they don't want you as a customer.

Archived