In an effort to have consistent stock availability in South Africa, we had a 1 year strategic partnership with Bruce Reyneke Cycles. Bruce Reyneke did not buy Buycycle. This partnership allowed us to benefit from their available inventory. This way, if our suppliers did not have stock, we could use stock available at Bruce's stores. Regardless of this relationship, we still experience out of stock issues from time to time and we are dedicated to spend as much time possible, sorting it out.

As my dad always says:

"Words are cheap, money buys the Whiskey"

Let's see what customers experience going forward.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...  I three weeks ago I load my brother's bike on the bike carrier... In doing so I remove his CamelBak bottles from his bottle cages and put them down on the ground next to my car...  Needless to say - 30km later we unload his MTB and discover the water bottles are "not there".  Long story short I reckon - my fault - no worries - let me surprise him with two brand new ones.  Easy Peasy... Log onto Buycycle (we are in Pretoria/Jozi) they are close he should have his new bottles by the next weekend's ride.  Low and behold they have exactly what he needs (aka I need to buy him)... Click, In Stock, x2, delivery address, pay.  Wait for brother's phone call thanking me for the bottles...  Friday I casually ask him about the bottles...  Nope.  Furious, send mail...  No Stock Reply.  WTF???  The site said: "In Stock"...  Long story from BC/BRC... Okay, they offer larger bottles same price to be delivered Wednesday (last week i.e. end of September) in time for 3Towers...  Pick my boet up on Thursday, drive to Mankele.  Next morning he pulls out those "freebie race goodie bag bottles"...  WTF again. No delivery from BC/BRC...  

Long and short - Since Bruce "Powers" BuyCycle - the service levels has gone down...  Anyone else had the same Experience?  Or are we just unlucky... Thrice?

We admit that your order has been a mess. I am guilty and I do apologise. I was the one handling and processing your order and I marked it as processed, even though it was not yet completed. We had a team meeting and management has sorted it out with me as well. In all businesses, there are suppliers and couriers involved, but I fully understand that this reflects very badly on our company and we are responsible for the mistakes made.

We had over 600 orders in the month of September and only 2% of the orders had an out of stock issue. We spend 80% of the time dedicated to handling out of stock issues as efficient as possible. We will always offer an alternative option, or even an upgraded version of the product at the same price paid already. We realise this is not ideal, but it is the best possible solution to a difficult situation.

Due to the nature of our business we offer a very wide range of products and therefore out of stock issues might still occur. We are committed to eliminating this completely.

We are under no illusion that we have lost a customer for life, which makes us very sad. We see ourselves as professionals in this industry, building a career as individuals. Issues such as this affects our whole team, and this is not what we would like to be known for.

A light has been shed on our shortcomings. We are well aware of the issues that have been addressed. We focus on our weaknesses and try to build on our strengths.

Again, I am very sorry.

I used to be a loyal Buycycle customer until...I once ordered 3 pairs of socks from them(before change of ownership). When I got the socks they were completely different to what was shown in the picture. I emailed them to let them to let them know and ask for them to be changed and they didn't even bother to respond. I haven't bought from them since.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hi Christofison,

This is unacceptable and is something that might have slipped through the cracks. Possibly spam filters, we do not know.

On Buycycle, you must get what you see and we take time to attend to all customer queries. We will never leave you hanging.

We offer our sincerest apologies.

Ja I'll also chime in with ordering an "In Stock" item online only to be told 3 days later that it is out of stock, luckily they replaced it with something similar which I was okay with, but still. I might as well have gone to another retailer if that was the case. Their offices are less than 5 minutes from my house so it's mighty convenient, if they have what I want.

Hello Bertusras, 

If we ever experience an out of stock issue we will always do our best and try to source an alternative option or a upgraded version of the product at no extra costs. This is not ideal but it is the best we can do. 

Stopped buying from them too... bought 2 chains, and even though they weren't in original packaging, BC couldn't even be bothered to put them in a box, they just went straight into the courier plastic baggie...

This has been taken up with warehousing. Packaging should not be neglected. It will not happen again.

who's working at buycycle if all you guys are here to comment on the thread

#justsaying

We had over 600 orders in the month of September and only 2% of the orders had an out of stock issue. 

2% is pretty huge. 12 unhappy customers can do a LOT of damage to your brand in a very short space of time. 

Hello 428, 

Apologies for this experience. A couple of months ago after negotiating rates with our courier provider we implemented free delivery to ensure our team has no confusion in this regard. So, from now on it doesn't matter what you buy you will get free shipping included in you order. 

Saying you must pay for shipping when you opted to collect is ridiculous to say the least... This will not happen again as part of business. 

Thanks for the apology, Christian

They are *** expensive , just order from CWC . It comes in a day or two anyway .

Dear Clinton 

We keep an eye on our competitors and we go out of our way to ensure best pricing on products. If you find it cheaper elsewhere, please let us know so we can have a look and do our best to match the price.

I ordered 3 bike stands the other day. using a work lap, i needed to be connected to my vpn, which as usual bombed out just as i made payment, so i lost the connection. Payment went through, but i did not receive the usual email confirming my order.

One quick email to buycycle, with proof of payment, and the invoice was sent to me via email and bike stands delivered free of charge.

Communication!

2% is pretty huge. 12 unhappy customers can do a LOT of damage to your brand in a very short space of time. 

2% is pretty huge... Luckily not all 12 were unhappy or disgruntled. We were able to either give an option of an alternative product or do a refund.

99.9% of the time the unhappiness comes in where there is a lack of communication from our end. 

If we had a culture where the 98% happy customers raved about the service they received the thread might have looked different. 

We agree that if we pissed off 2% of customers consistently for an extended period of time our business will be dead in the water in a couple of years... 

Posting frustrations like in this thread is in actual fact a positive for our team and shines light on where we need to improve. 

Archived