Momentum Active Dayz

Wil6

I assume you meant Life Insurance premium on your Myriad policy.

Then you don’t need 16 active days. Myriad uses the best of your fitness assessment or active days.

Just remember:

Your Myriad discount from active days is calculated using the period Jan to June and July to Dec. Your best 5 (of the 6) months get used to determine your active days level and discount for the next 6 months.

So unless you are going to keep doing the fitness assessment (and achieve level 5) I would rather try and log 80 (16 x 5) active days in you 5 best month for period Jan 2018 to June 2018 to ensure you get your 60% discount for July 2018 to Dec 2018.

Sorry meant life insurance. Thanks for the reply

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a Suunto watch and using it for active dayz? My Movescount syncs correctly with Strava, but not with Momentum. 

Edit : I see Suunto is not supported for daily steps

Edited by Wil6

• 2 weeks later...

Still not working so I phoned the helpline about the error message.

Response was that the Samsung galaxy S7 does not work with safedayz, but they will escalate this to the app developers. :wacko:

Doesn't work on my s4 mini nor does it work on my husband's J7

Not very impressed with the restructuring of the health saver benefits from Multiply - was scoring in a big way last year, up to R1400 off our premium. Since the restructure, max we can get back as a family is R400.

Doesn't work on my s4 mini nor does it work on my husband's J7

Not very impressed with the restructuring of the health saver benefits from Multiply - was scoring in a big way last year, up to R1400 off our premium. Since the restructure, max we can get back as a family is R400.

I asked my financial advisor to look for a different insurer yesterday - I believe in talking with my wallet. New program is a shadow of what it use to be.

Just got off the phone with Momentum Multiply as I try to reset my Multiply Money Card PIN to my own preferred PIN code.  

I sms as instructed but just do not receive anything back.    This is according to the call centre agent because I have a sms bundle on my cellphone contract.   I need to get another prepaid sim card, do the cell number change through them, change the pin, then change my cell number back to my own contract number.   Or I need to load airtime onto my contract phone, but how will my phone choose whether to use my sms bundle or the airtime to send the sms when I send it?

My mother cannot get safe days one her Samsung S4 mini (too old) or her new Lenova tablet (activates and everything, but does not pick up safe days).   

My sister in law can also not get her safe days working on her Apple SE.

I still cannot get Multiply money active for my wife as we have one internet profile for our accounts.   I need to get her, her own internet profile (at the additional cost) to be able.

Did Momentum actually think these changes through before implementing them this year as well as actually testing them?   Because it does not look and feel like they did !!!!!

Just got off the phone with Momentum Multiply as I try to reset my Multiply Money Card PIN to my own preferred PIN code.  

I sms as instructed but just do not receive anything back.    This is according to the call centre agent because I have a sms bundle on my cellphone contract.   I need to get another prepaid sim card, do the cell number change through them, change the pin, then change my cell number back to my own contract number.   Or I need to load airtime onto my contract phone, but how will my phone choose whether to use my sms bundle or the airtime to send the sms when I send it?

My mother cannot get safe days one her Samsung S4 mini (too old) or her new Lenova tablet (activates and everything, but does not pick up safe days).   

My sister in law can also not get her safe days working on her Apple SE.

I still cannot get Multiply money active for my wife as we have one internet profile for our accounts.   I need to get her, her own internet profile (at the additional cost) to be able.

Did Momentum actually think these changes through before implementing them this year as well as actually testing them?   Because it does not look and feel like they did !!!!!

I agree.

I've enjoyed multiply for the better part of 5 years now and this year it's just gone to the toilet.

My Safe Dayz were on again - off again throughout Feb, but since the beginning of March I cannot seem to get a single Safe Day as it's just stopped working. I am very frustrated to say the least.

Not to mention the point system!

Under Be safer max 150 points:

Have a safe day up to 80 points

Know you safety score up to 50 points

Complete the safety score questionnaire online up to 20 points

Limited time only!! Safe Days Activation up to was 80 point its been reduced to just 10 points this week. Changing the rules of a game after the game has started - does not sit well with me

Under be Healthier up to 200 points:

Know your healthy heart score up to 100 points but f you don't score 100 point here you cannot get 200 points on this section and with there current cholesterol levels not been in line with with world heath organizations - not easy to get more than 60 points if your cholesterol is low (a good thing).

Complete the physical heath and activity questionnaire online up to 20 points.

The next 2 indicate a max of 160 point but the truth is its a 80!

Go for a Fitness assessment up to 80 point

Have an active day up to 80 point.

On the be on top of your finances:

New! track how you spend your money - this requires you banking details and password - that crossed the line for me. Knowing how their safe Dayz app is working who is to say this app will not be hacked and your bank account possibly hacked!

Edited by Icycling

Not to mention the point system!

Under Be safer max 150 points:

Have a safe day up to 80 points

Know you safety score up to 50 points

Complete the safety score questionnaire online up to 20 points

Limited time only!! Safe Days Activation up to was 80 point its been reduced to just 10 points this week. Changing the rules of a game after the game has started - does not sit well with me

Under be Healthier up to 200 points:

Know your healthy heart score up to 100 points but f you don't score 100 point here you cannot get 200 points on this section and with there current cholesterol levels not been in line with with world heath organizations - not easy to get more than 60 points if your cholesterol is low (a good thing).

Complete the physical heath and activity questionnaire online up to 20 points.

The next 2 indicate a max of 160 point but the truth is its a 80!

Go for a Fitness assessment up to 80 point

Have an active day up to 80 point.

On the be on top of your finances:

New! track how you spend your money - this requires you banking details and password - that crossed the line for me. Knowing how their safe Dayz app is working who is to say this app will not be hacked and your bank account possibly hacked!

Probably going to cancel the multiply - can't be bothered spending R299 per month on some loyalty program that I have to invest so much time and effort into getting the max R400 benefits monthly.

Also spoke to my broker and he said to get my status up, I must consider moving my short term and life insurance over to them and get my will changed so they will be executors of my estate.

Yeah right

They totally moved the aim from being more active and healthy to spending more money on their products, that is all.    And not what it is suppose to be IMHO.

I've heard that some of the Financial Advisers selling Momentum products are also leaving now for Old Mutual Wealth or Liberty, etc. because the state of affairs at Momentum is a shambles.

Got me worried, because I've got all my products with Momentum...

I've heard that some of the Financial Advisers selling Momentum products are also leaving now for Old Mutual Wealth or Liberty, etc. because the state of affairs at Momentum is a shambles.

Got me worried, because I've got all my products with Momentum...

Don't pay much attention to that... Guarantee chasers, I call em. I know of a few that have done the rounds between OM / Disco / Momentum / Liberty etc, just to get that ability to re-sell to their existing clients. 

Move their client book, get an up front "signing bonus" and a new round of initial commission as it's now "the better option"

Probably going to cancel the multiply - can't be bothered spending R299 per month on some loyalty program that I have to invest so much time and effort into getting the max R400 benefits monthly.

Also spoke to my broker and he said to get my status up, I must consider moving my short term and life insurance over to them and get my will changed so they will be executors of my estate.

Yeah right

Even without the discount, Momentum still offers the best value for money life insurance cover for me. I agree that they changed the way Multiply works to benefit them, but even with that I still get more than enough discount that will beat any other Financial institutions quote by 20 to 30 % 

Even without the discount, Momentum still offers the best value for money life insurance cover for me. I agree that they changed the way Multiply works to benefit them, but even with that I still get more than enough discount that will beat any other Financial institutions quote by 20 to 30 % 

Agreed.    It is still the best option for us as well.   These kind of crazy changes just leaves a sour taste...

Agreed.    It is still the best option for us as well.   These kind of crazy changes just leaves a sour taste...

Don't know if you guys heard the good news, they have fixed it!

Those who, like me, fell from green healthy heart score to amber due to cholesterol levels being too low, will go back to green and earn max healthreturns again. I believe we will even get back healthreturns we missed out on since Jan. So Multiply will no longer penalise low readings, just educate people on how to improve it. Lekker man...

Got some emails from broker today - hope all is sorted by the end of next week!

Dear Colleagues

Horses were traded for cars and CDs for MP3 players; with evolution comes improvements. The Momentum wellness solution and Healthy Heart Score (HHS) are no exception to this rule. 

The revised HHS, as implemented in 2018, more accurately reflects a member’s health risk. It is also preventative in that it shows, before an unexpected health event occurs, if they are presently causing damage to their health.

While all values above the acceptable range can indicate a potential health risk, values below the acceptable range also carry various health risks.

The 2018 HHS

The HHS is calculated using:

• Blood pressure 
  • Total cholesterol 
  • Glucose 
  • Smoking status 
  • (Estimated) body fat percentage. This is calculated using waist circumference, weight, height, age and gender and gives an indication if a member’s body fat is within an acceptable range.

We have listened to your concerns

Based on your feedback, we are pleased to confirm that members who score low values on any of the parameters of the HHS will no longer be scored negatively. Instead, such members will be advised on lifestyle changes they should make to improve these values. 

When will it be implemented?

In the middle of March 2018, all existing members’ HHS will be recalculated in view of the above. At the same time, we will recalculate the product rewards and Multiply points retrospectively. 

We will soon be communicating to affected members to inform them of this change and how it will affect them.

Attached for your easy reference is a list of some of the questions (and the answers to them) about the HHS change that clients may ask.

We will be communicating this message to financial planners and advisers as well.

Yours sincerely,

Teshlin Akaloo
Head Wellness Solutions: CES Solutions

Dear Valued business partner

We are pleased to inform you of the significant progress made on Safe Dayz™, the functionality available on the Momentum app that rewards clients for being safe on the road and when they are not travelling. 

This feature forms an important part of the Multiply safety category and makes it possible for short-term insurance clients to earn rewards of up to 30% of premiums back, in cash every year, even if they claim. Multiply clients can earn up to 80 points per year to boost their status. 

The latest version of the Momentum app is now available and comes with improvements on the Safe Dayz™ functionality. Clients can now receive non-travel Safe Dayz™ backdated to 1 January 2018; push notifications to switch on location settings so that they can record journeys and access frequently asked questions, among other features.

We have made Troubleshooting Safe Dayz™ available so that you can learn more about additional updates on similar issues experienced by clients. 

While the experience has been discouraging for some, we managed to gain positive client engagement which has resulted in the following: 

• Journeys recorded: 1 347 239
  • Distance travelled : 17 976 020 km
  • Hours travelled: 410 243
  • Safe Dayz™ allocated since the launch (Nov 2017): 188 947

Please encourage your clients to send their feedback directly from the app or send an email to app@momentum.co.za so that we can continuously improve our offering.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Regards

Phumla Tshabalala
Head: Client and Intermediary Service Interaction
Momentum Intermediary Solutions

• 3 months later...

Is there perhaps anyone here that was able to get the Multiply money app working with Capitec Bank app?  :cursing: