OK, my last comment on this.

The way I see it then is that the OP has big expectations. Under the guidance of a coach these might be reachable. I dont know about sustainable. SO maybe the expectations are realistic.

However, the issue is really money. Welcome to the real world. You spend it you might win, you spend it you might loose. But whatever the hell you do, dont spend what you dont have (ie debt)

OP after he gets dropped at Killarney again, "coach promised me 10% gains bru"

giphy.gif

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can he pay you after he see's a 10% improvement ?

Whilst I'm busy with a performance contract for our project.

20%  - upfront

60% - if you stick to the plan

Final 20% - after you don't get dropped a Kyalami 

Or just buy me some of those R400 socks from CWC.

On a serious note - a looooong time ago Wiele Wentzel was my coach.  I was a 15 year old laatie with a new bike (pink nogal) and short white socks. Money was tight.

His advise was free, as long as I could keep up with him during his afternoon training rides. 

I suggest you hook up with one/two of the racing snakes during their training rides and learn from what they do right AND wrong.

Easy, peasy if money is an issue.

Very happy to see you guys have found your sense of humor :thumbup:  :thumbup: and its not even Friday :clap:

As I'm sitting now, I actually have no ambition whatsoever to compete against my fellow peers, yes Iove racing and truth be told, if I one day i should end up in a break away, I will gladly give a fellow compatriot the win :thumbup:

Being dropped on the other hand .... :ph34r:  :ph34r: leave that for another day..

My race is against myself , would like to get to 5wpkg maybe even 5,5wpkg( not only FTP power but all over increase). for all I know ..I have reached my ceiling and cant get any stronger... who knows :devil:

But I would like to find out :thumbup:

So who willing to coach me.. :ph34r:

Willing to pay 1K for every 5% increase   :thumbup:

Very happy to see you guys have found your sense of humor :thumbup:  :thumbup: and its not even Friday :clap:

As I'm sitting now, I actually have no ambition whatsoever to compete against my fellow peers, yes Iove racing and truth be told, if I one day i should end up in a break away, I will gladly give a fellow compatriot the win :thumbup:

Being dropped on the other hand .... :ph34r:  :ph34r: leave that for another day..

My race is against myself , would like to get to 5wpkg maybe even 5,5wpkg( not only FTP power but all over increase). for all I know ..I have reached my ceiling and cant get any stronger... who knows :devil:

Willing to pay 1K for every 5% increase  

:eek:

What is your current FTP and weight then?

Let's see, you are aiming for 5w/kg. So imma assume we are working off 4.5 and you weigh 70kg. This puts you at 315w and you are looking for another 5% so lets call it 15w. 8 week block, with two feedback sessions from a coach who will spend the time analyzing your workouts. I think you can splurge R2k and get your results.

Let's see, you are aiming for 5w/kg. So imma assume we are working off 4.5 and you weigh 70kg. This puts you at 315w and you are looking for another 5% so lets call it 15w. 8 week block, with two feedback sessions from a coach who will spend the time analyzing your workouts. I think you can splurge R2k and get your results.

if you guarantee me 5-10% in 8 weeks... you will have that money in your account in 10sec , but if we fail( follow program to the T), you pay me the money for wasting my time :clap:  :clap:  How does that sound?

Nothing wrong with getting motivation to get better from the feeling of being dropped.... just go about it in the right way and the right mindset and be realistic in goals.

As you have sort of defined your goal... maybe speak to a few coaches, ask questions, discuss your history, age, current ability, training time and constraints... and see what they say.  If they are coaches with good track record and experience they will be able to advise if possible or not... then you can decide whether the cash spend is worth it.

Perhaps you should ask for a list of suitable coaches and go from there?

Fixed.

If you have a 5W/Kg FTP, you are winning races in SA.

Nah man Stricker pumping the 5w/kg, he just doesnt have a good lead out train and cant convince anyone his services are worth the salary he is demanding.

Fixed.

If you have a 5W/Kg FTP, you are winning races in SA.

Please don't tell me you have a coach and I'm currently pushing out more power then you without 1 :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Just joking with you patch :clap:  :clap: ...but on a serious note ...NOT so funny anymore if that was correct ne

if you guarantee me 5-10% in 8 weeks... you will have that money in your account in 10sec , but if we fail( follow program to the T), you pay me the money for wasting my time :clap:  :clap:  How does that sound?

Strong moving goal posts, where did 10% come from? I would charge you R10k for each month if I was a coach, the additional surcharge is for dealing with your pathetic attitude. Hows that sound?

Nothing wrong with getting motivation to get better from the feeling of being dropped.... just go about it in the right way and the right mindset and be realistic in goals.

As you have sort of defined your goal... maybe speak to a few coaches, ask questions, discuss your history, age, current ability, training time and constraints... and see what they say.  If they are coaches with good track record and experience they will be able to advise if possible or not... then you can decide whether the cash spend is worth it.

Perhaps you should ask for a list of suitable coaches and go from there?

that's the plan for next year :thumbup:

Nah man Stricker pumping the 5w/kg, he just doesnt have a good lead out train and cant convince anyone his services are worth the salary he is demanding.

At 5w/Kg you will be lapping Killarney in the same time as the Wesbank v8s, no Renshaw needed!

Please don't tell me you have a coach and I'm currently pushing out more power then you without 1 :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Just joking with you patch :clap:  :clap: ...but on a serious note ...NOT so funny anymore if that was correct ne

I cant tell you, cause you havent said.... What is your FTP and weight?

Edited by Patchelicious