Ironman 70.3 Durban

ScottCM

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your stats are nothing to sneeze at either... 

Thanks, with Weymouth 70.3 in 3 months I got to keep trundling along. I am not athletic at all so need to keep moving in order to complete these things. Hope to put in some long hours in the next 6 or 7 weeks. (but hopefully less than 10 hours per week)

Thanks, with Weymouth 70.3 in 3 months I got to keep trundling along. I am not athletic at all so need to keep moving in order to complete these things. Hope to put in some long hours in the next 6 or 7 weeks. (but hopefully less than 10 hours per week)

Oh, nice! Going for a holiday? 

Bela Bela is in 59 days. I keep saying that so the FOMO does not get too bad. 

Read it in the Athletes guide that once you finish, you will collect it with your finishers tshirt

Page 35 of guide "Tour Medal" http://eu.ironman.com/~/media/ac4db61be5334714825e63e91333b123/athlete%20info%20guide%202017%20v2%20%20standard%20bank%20ironman%2070%203%20durban.pdf

Thanks-It is becoming clearer that since the sale IM its about $$$, and how to keep the money in the cirlce. AWA, Continental Tours and No-Pro races are examples.I am loosing faith in IM and just need one more to hit my magic number and then that's me and IM/IM70.3 done-they just dont give a crap about athletes anymore-$$$ is the driving force.

Thanks-It is becoming clearer that since the sale IM its about $$$, and how to keep the money in the cirlce. AWA, Continental Tours and No-Pro races are examples.I am loosing faith in IM and just need one more to hit my magic number and then that's me and IM/IM70.3 done-they just dont give a crap about athletes anymore-$$$ is the driving force.

Pretty much... and the clothing is becoming expensive!!  I have my AWA and will get the Tour medal this year ... will probably do IM next year.

Anyone know of the best routes for a quick spin on the bike? 

Would like to do 20-30kms to flush out the legs and check the bike after the drive down.

Oh, nice! Going for a holiday? 

Bela Bela is in 59 days. I keep saying that so the FOMO does not get too bad. 

No, moving in August. Wife leaves on Friday. So the next 6 or 7 weeks I am a free man to cycle and run all weekend long if I want to. :)

Weymouth on 17th September , picturesque town, looking forward to it. Might , just might try an get an entry for Roth 2018  but did say no more long distances hehe

No, moving in August. Wife leaves on Friday. So the next 6 or 7 weeks I am a free man to cycle and run all weekend long if I want to. :)

Weymouth on 17th September , picturesque town, looking forward to it. Might , just might try an get an entry for Roth 2018  but did say no more long distances hehe

Lucky Man with the FUN Police gone, you can have the TV to yourself and dont have to feel guilty about training all day.  

Edited by Wheelsuck

Ag no. Happy for you, but sucks that you leaving the country. Too many good people have left. What will your wife say if you register for another long course tri? Haha. Careful that you not biting off too much. It's hectic changing countries and to add 10 plus hours per week training to that stress may be just a bit much. 

Challenge Roth would be awesome -  where else in the world do you get cheered on by 220,000 spectators!

Sorry to hear that you are moving.

Challenge Roth would be awesome -  where else in the world do you get cheered on by 220,000 spectators!

I did tell my wife no more long events as the time stolen from family is too much and my lad is 9 and needs dad more than ever. Having said that, without goals I will stagnate and spend far too much time in the pub and generally become lazy so need to have something lined up. Will enter the lottery for London marathon and some 70.3 events but need a biggie, and Challenge Roth must be the best long event in the world I reckon. Certainly the hype around it is.

Anyone know of the best routes for a quick spin on the bike? 

Would like to do 20-30kms to flush out the legs and check the bike after the drive down.

DONT RIDE ON THE N4 (the ironman route) its dangerous with cars and drunkards etc... Ride along the promenade for a lap or 2.