Bonus

Will see a lot of french riders in the break today. Everyone would want a victory on Bastille Day.

Barguil will have to be there today if he wants to keep the Polka jersey.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been raining overnight here in Saint-Giron. This morning it's heavily overcast and misty.

Last evening we drove the first 10km of the route out of town. A flat road alongside the river. LOTS of speed humps in town initially though!

Shortly we will go down to the plaza for a coffee and a croissant and see what's going on. There were literally hundreds of camper vans parked everywhere last night so despite the weather I'm sure it will be busy.

Hoping to see some of the boys - Louis, Jacubus, RJVR, DI etc.

For anyone who hasn't noticed, today's stage doesn't leave town until 2:30 this afternoon. Short and sharp today.

Damn, seems like i missed a lot in the last two days, managed to catch the last 5km yesterday though. Stoked for Bardet. i was a bit shocked to see cummings going on the attack yesterday (only found out when he got onto the podium), that looked like such a tough stage.

With aru's team dropping in numbers, would he be able to hold on to the yellow come paris

Meintjes did great too, I just wish he would stop hanging on the back like Cummings.

One thing to remember is that the guys earn their place in a line-up. All the guys in front of him will not allow a new, relatively unknown rider, to sit in front of them, with the fear of him losing the wheel or making a mistake. As soon as they know he is a guy that they must watch in order to win, then he can sit right behind the leader if he wants.

No fans allowed on the Mur de Peguere.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

GOOD! We don't want a repeat of the fiasco of the 2016 Duathlon stage.

Understatement of the year will be that the Mur de Pequere is the decicive point in today's stage. It touches 18% in places, HECTIC!

No fans allowed on the Mur de Peguere.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That'll warm me up...

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/TDF/2017/1300/PROFILCOLSCOTES_2.png

One thing to remember is that the guys earn their place in a line-up. All the guys in front of him will not allow a new, relatively unknown rider, to sit in front of them, with the fear of him losing the wheel or making a mistake. As soon as they know he is a guy that they must watch in order to win, then he can sit right behind the leader if he wants.

Good point. He's never won anything at WT level so I would do the same.

And if these bloody Aussie commentators refer to him again as Louis Meintjes the South African one more time I'll **** a brick. Or Bennet the Kiwi.

That'll warm me up...

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/TDF/2017/1300/PROFILCOLSCOTES_2.png

I almost cramped just looking at that.

If I was Sky I will not bother to get yellow in the next few days at all. Let Aru stress about keeping yellow and let Astana drive the pace. Froome can sit behind Aru at 6 seconds comfortably until the TT before Paris, where he will just rip the yellow off Aru easily.

If I was Sky I will not bother to get yellow in the next few days at all. Let Aru stress about keeping yellow and let Astana drive the pace. Froome can sit behind Aru at 6 seconds comfortably until the TT before Paris, where he will just rip the yellow off Aru easily.

But Sky only brought yellow kit to the tour they want to show it off. - All day errrr day.

The opportunity for poetic justice exists with Aru in Yellow. If he was to have a mechanical it would be a perfect opportunity for Vrooom to repay the favour with some tempo riding upfront...

"I'd run out of water and took a bottle of water from a fan on the side of the road. I took one and Uran took one and so did a couple of other guys but they were French but they didn't even get penalties," Bennett said.

He described the penalty as "absolute bull-s...."

The Frenchies are pissed because Uran made the French riders names gat by keeping up with them on his single speed and Bennet is a Kiwi and we all know what the All Blacks did to the French.

I think that's exactly whats going to happen.

Very little chance of the other teams allowing Landa to go up the road... he's still well within the podium places. And that's aside from the obvious threat of him being able to latch up with Froome perhaps off the front later in the race. There's a big difference between what teams want to do, and what other teams will allow them to do...

And on Landa, I really see him as putting himself in the shop window with his Sky contract up at the end of the season. Talking of stage wins and still being top ten despite helping out Froome.

And lastly, the 20 second penalty imposed on Uran and not on Bardet for receiving bottles in the last 6km's (from the same guy) is beyond ridiculous. UCI/ASO really making their names hond this tour

Archived