Bonus

Only watching now.

These two commentators carrying on abot Landa being selfish? WTF is he supposed to do for Froome in the last 200m, guy's carry on like he murdered a baby.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another consistent performance from MainCheeze

"5th on the stage today and 10th in GC. . Thanks for all the support from back home..."

Luigi on Tweetiebird

Only watching now.

These two commentators carrying on abot Landa being selfish? WTF is he supposed to do for Froome in the last 200m, guy's carry on like he murdered a baby.

I remember Wiggins being in difficulty in 2012 and Froome making it known that he was stronger. Perhaps the strongest statement Landa can make is to finish second and force the issue on leading Sky in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I remember Wiggins being in difficulty in 2012 and Froome making it known that he was stronger. Perhaps the strongest statement Landa can make is to finish second and force the issue on leading Sky in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Word is he is definitely/probably/almost certainly/maybe leaving Sky next season.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I am really quite chuffed Bardet took the stage and Aru is in Yellow, both are young, have their own outspoken personalities and are unafraid to attack and take a chance, the optimism of youth,.... theres nothing like it.!    

After stage video clip ..things didn't look great there.. looked like someone gave Landa a earful.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Not sure what he should have done?....it was short and Froome was going out the back, nothing he could do in my opinion,.....but Froome got off lightly today in all respects, had Aru not been following his wheel when he checked out the drinks table at the camper van Vinokourov would have been hollering into Aru's earpiece to attack, Vino would never miss that move, and Froome would not have seen him again till the podium.

Personally I think Uran and Bardet missed a golden opportunity to take time on both Froome and Aru.

I am really quite chuffed Bardet took the stage and Aru is in Yellow, both are young, have their own outspoken personalities and are unafraid to attack and take a chance, the optimism of youth,.... theres nothing like it.!

Touchè, GOG ????????

Landa looked super solid going up that mountain. kudos...

The young guns...well done for blazing!!

Mick...go you beauty(or not), but go!!! You know you can ride a TT better than most!

Froome, keep fighting #varkhart...this is le tour.

Not sure what he should have done?....it was short and Froome was going out the back, nothing he could do in my opinion,.....but Froome got off lightly today in all respects, had Aru not been following his wheel when he checked out the drinks table at the camper van Vinokourov would have been hollering into Aru's earpiece to attack, Vino would never miss that move, and Froome would not have seen him again till the podium.

Personally I think Uran and Bardet missed a golden opportunity to take time on both Froome and Aru.

On ITV they were saying that even if they had attacked it would have been a stupid move because sky (still 4 strong at that stage) would have just reeled them in with 5 odd km's to go at that stage...so it was not that they didnt want to attack because of the yellow...but that tactically it would have been a bad decision

On ITV they were saying that even if they had attacked it would have been a stupid move because sky (still 4 strong at that stage) would have just reeled them in with 5 odd km's to go at that stage...so it was not that they didnt want to attack because of the yellow...but that tactically it would have been a bad decision

Good point.

Guys aren't "intimidated" by Sky's train, they are finding it useful.

Good point.

Guys aren't "intimidated" by Sky's train, they are finding it useful.

Exactly. Wait for and use the train. They were always going to haul to the last.

Landa did everything he could to nurse Froome up the wall, including keeping a steady but manageable pace for as long as possible. At the end he was going to try and steal bonus seconds back because NOTHING else could be done anymore. The commentators were wrong.

Landa's actions were always going to cause some comment. Should he have stayed to pull CF, was the option of trying to "steal" bonus sec's away from the opposition the correct move? Both valid arguments. So not to be on the the fence ... I think you support your leader and stay with him. That's your job.

I don't think any of those guys would have taken time out of CF had they attacked earlier. That hill was brutal and the Sky train was strong throughout. I think Aru (and Bardet) can probably thank their lucky stars they weren't able to/didn't attack when CF went off. They would have died on that hill and the result, as much as some wish it would have been more dramatic, I think would have been more to CF and Sky's favour.

Commentators make sense when they say that hill was meant for the pure climber. CF is not. Time lost is not significant. Sky will get it back. CF still in the pound seats.

CF Now gets to wheelsuck Astana who is going to need to put in some work now. takes a bit of responsibity off Sky and CF as the shoe is now on the other foot and CF only needs to maybe match Aru for a day or so. I suspect however Astana not having the depth in the team to control the race and may burn all their matches leaving Aru exposed.

2c GO Froomey!!!

Landa coping some from Portal out side the bus...

Fair play he was stronger and it was every man for himself and he's out of contract this year an looking for a new home and better pay day. 

Apparently Aru is shopping himself about for between €4 - €8M (the upper level because of his national title and the stage win), he failed to notice that Froome has won a few more TdF's and is on €4. Yes they are both less than a markets dream but at least Froome is more sellable. 

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2015/05/26/2/bettiniphoto_0210651_1_full_670.jpg

post-22004-0-54148600-1465147365.jpg

tumblr_nopsokLhui1ropreyo1_1280.jpg

Uh oh the jury strike again with the commissaries penalising Rigoberto Urán (Cannondale-Drapac)  and George Bennett (LottoNL-Jumbo) for illegally taking a feed on stage 12 but pardoning Romain Bardet (AG2R La Mondiale) of the same offense.

Both Urán and Bennett were slapped with 20 second penalties for breaking UCI rules, while Bardet, who won the stage and closed in on yellow, escaped any punishment.

All three riders grabbed bottles from the roadside inside the closing kilometres of the climb, contravening rule 2.3.027, which states that riders are not allowed to take on feeds inside the final 20 kilometres of racing.

“Marien has made an either incompetent or biased decision in this matter. They’re making it up as they go along, and it’s completely incompetent officiating. If they’re going to be fair, be fair,” Vaughters added.

Your new standings

1 ARU FABIO 52H 51' 49''

2 FROOME CHRISTOPHER + 00' 06''

3 BARDET ROMAIN + 00' 25''

4 URAN RIGOBERTO + 00' 55''

5 MARTIN DANIEL + 01' 41''

6 YATES SIMON + 02' 13''

7 LANDA MIKEL + 02' 55''

8 QUINTANA NAIRO + 04' 01''

9 BENNETT GEORGE + 04' 24''

10 MEINTJES LOUIS + 04' 51''

with Aru looking to tap into some UAE gold in the transfer season it seems Doug Ryder has inked a deal to get Lil’ Louis back to Team DD before he become a side show in the gulf. 

Archived