Bonus

Impressed with Robbie McEwen. He called it perfectly when they approached the run in to the finish. He said Aru was going to get dropped in that lead up to the last inclne due to the route being so technical, with plenty twists and turns.

He foretold that Aru would have poor positioning and that Froome would probably duke it out with the sprinters for the finish. CF did not quite manage that but he was close behind them. In the end Aru was so poorly placed he came in ... 40th and lost 26 seconds. Yellow change hands.

Crystal ball McEwen.

I have been super impressed with the itv commentary.They identifed that aru was boxed out in the back with about 7kms to go and that it was going to be near impossible for him to get though to the front

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's stages like today that makes me angry that Valverde took such unnecessary risks on day 1...

This tour would have been far richer with him in the mix

It's stages like today that makes me angry that Valverde took such unnecessary risks on day 1...

and don't forget about Porte too......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and don't forget about Porte too......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah.. But Porte has a couple of years left in his career... I think with NQ being so pap and the nature of the route, this was the last realistic chance Alejandro had of bringing it home to Paris. 

Oh well. To finish first one has to finish!

Valverde would not have challenged Froome at all. I feel like everyone places far too much emphasis on races happening before the tour. It means nothing. Porte was probably the major threat this year not Valverde.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Today we are going to see whose legs are starting to feel the tour. I expect NQ to lose more time today again. The GC contenders are not going to allow him to go up on the road again like last time.

I hear you on this. But Val is not a bad TT rider at all and if I look at the time differences between G and CF compared to the rest, did he take too big a risk or did he just overcook that corner.

But either way I think I'm just nitpicking. Pity he had to leave. Would have loved to see him in the challenge. This tours not over by a long shot either way.

Last Thursday night we stayed in a rather bleak hotel in order to be at the start of Fridays Stage 13 from Saint-Girons. The sacrifices we have to make!

I took one picture of the Sign-On ramp the evening before the start and the rest the following morning. We were at the Team Paddock when all the various Official Vehicles, Caravan Vehicles & Team Cars &  Buses arrived and we got to see a few of the riders as they made their way down to the sigh-in area on their bikes. . . .

Some lovely kit out there!

post-4874-0-24822700-1500208084_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-52977500-1500208164_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-93289500-1500208172_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-83222900-1500208180_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-24648100-1500208191_thumb.jpg

A few more . . . National Champions get the insides of their forks custom painted

post-4874-0-89358700-1500208457_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-63119200-1500208470_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-86466200-1500208478_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-84123100-1500208510_thumb.jpg

post-4874-0-91005100-1500208522_thumb.jpg

Archived