[Event] Hollard JUMA

Events Bot

1st Juma for me! Ride the Spruit alot and finally going to be able to do the race. Late entry so only starting at 8:30....

Also a little confused by the route map vs the video. Route map distance markers.... are those distance from start or distance from finish? ie Do you finish by riding along the spruit from Bryanston Drive to Emmarentia, or do you start by riding along the spruit from Emmarentia to Bryanston drive? Video shows that you finish on the spruit, so I'm assuming the distance markers are distance to finish.

Really though what I'm after is that I'd like to ride to the start along the spruit - this is obviously part of the race route. What time must I be off the route?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes beforehand would be my choice.Going to park away from Marks Park and ride in.

I am also in Batch G.

Lynskey Pro 29 SS

Thanks for that, I will ride from home in Northcliff.................depending on the legs and beer consumpition at the end I might get the Mrs to fetch me  :whistling:

1st Juma for me! Ride the Spruit alot and finally going to be able to do the race. Late entry so only starting at 8:30....

Also a little confused by the route map vs the video. Route map distance markers.... are those distance from start or distance from finish? ie Do you finish by riding along the spruit from Bryanston Drive to Emmarentia, or do you start by riding along the spruit from Emmarentia to Bryanston drive? Video shows that you finish on the spruit, so I'm assuming the distance markers are distance to finish.

Really though what I'm after is that I'd like to ride to the start along the spruit - this is obviously part of the race route. What time must I be off the route?

I got an 8.20 start. Where are you riding from? I also may ride to the start. I'll be coming from Randpark near Cresta. When doing a spruit ride I ride IP towards Malibongwe, then Mae my way to Conrad and join the spruit at the Trailhead. Riding from there to Mark's Park is a pleasant ride and won't be too taxing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Spruit portion of Route: if it is the same as last year - out of Marks Park then left up to top end of Botanical Gardens - clockwise along Botanical Gardens out the gate near Emmerentia Bridge - down to under Tana Road Bridge - along Eskom Grid line to Trail Head- under the 2 bridges then along spruit to William Nicol, under bridge, spruit trail to Bryanston road then right through urban section... (apologies if I have some names wrong). So riding the Spruit from Trail Head to Marks Park may be a challenge.

The thing that concerns me are those rubber type mats they put down over the mud.  Slipped on one last year - bike went in one direction and i went in the other. 

Looking forward to the ride though. Planning on taking a "Driving Miss Daisy" type of ride. Have a fat chat with the people along the way. Starting batch F at 07h40 

Do we need to take our SAS seeding boards when we collect our race packs?

Don't think it's needed for when you collect the race pack / stickers. Just make sure you bring it Sunday morning with the correct stickers they give you at registration.

Eish I see its gonna be fresh! Maximum of 11 degrees and around 7 degrees at the start. Wear your fluffy underpant!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I know it's late, but has anyone got an entry looking for a home?

Entries are still open at registration ;)

Yup, entries are still open...

Just started on my bike like a month ago... Heard about this race and have been having serious fomo

So I entered today to do the 22km. Hope it's good. There's alot of hype around this event. Didn't want to wait another year to do it.

I absolutely loved my first Juma!

Cool video, really shows what fun JUMA is! That oke in the neon yellow tutu (about 40 secs into your video) on the single speed was hauling!!!!!! He came past me on the last uphill before the floating bridge like I was standing still :)

Cool video, really shows what fun JUMA is! That oke in the neon yellow tutu (about 40 secs into your video) on the single speed was hauling!!!!!! He came past me on the last uphill before the floating bridge like I was standing still :)

I started with him. I struggled to stay with him riding towards Bryanston drive, after that i passed him on a technical section and never saw him again, I think the gearing he chose was a bit too ambitious for the second half.

I also enjoyed my first JUMA, lots of fun!

When will the results come out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk