Garmin / Navworld

Abercrombie

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NavWorld are awesome. They also support cycling by helping my jnr girls team with equipment.

They certainly take customer service to a new level.

Hugely impressed at how willing they are to swap out of warranty components for you even for free at times!!

I bought my Fenix 2 from another supplier and a few months later had an issue with the heart rate monitor strap and Navworld replaced it under warranty pretty seamlessly. So yes, they're cool. As for the Garmin product though, I'm not massively impressed with the heart rate monitor strap - the replacement one is now also busted and the warranty has expired. So basically I went through two heart rate straps in 16 months and this time round need to pay for a new one, which according to past experience I can only really expect to last for 8 months. They just seem to be poorly manufactured which is a nuisance because their other products are awesome but for me the HRM is quite a pivotal component in getting the most out of the watch.

Take it back - normally they just swap them out if they are faulty.

Astounding service. Must be huge margins.

Cheaper to replace than fix...

They did the math well... works for me.

Super service from them to me for motorcycle, car, fish finder and cycling GPS equipment, and the accessories. And their Thule blowout sale was incredible last year :) Overall an example of how customers should be treated, and also how the all-important "spirit" of the OEM's warranty should be handled by resellers, and not just the "letter of the law" contained in the warranty policy.  

Cheaper to replace than fix...

They did the math well... works for me.

Garmin really have done well. It seems like just the other day when people would rave about great service when you had to make an appointment to have your hrm repaired in Vorna Valley.

Can say i also only had excellent service from them. Replaced my Garmin 810 after somer problems, and the upgraded it to a 1000 the week before Amashova.

Take it back - normally they just swap them out if they are faulty.

Tried that. They said it's out of warranty. They did give me a bit of a trade-in discount on a new one though which was cool, but like I said, it's a bummer that I'll probably have to go back again in 8 months for another trade-in when this one packs up.

Edit: Just to emphasise - Navworld are cool as a support structure for Garmin products but the Garmin heart rate strap itself is what I have an issue with (for which I cant blame Navworld but rather blame Garmin manufacturers)/

Can say i also only had excellent service from them. Replaced my Garmin 810 after somer problems, and the upgraded it to a 1000 the week before Amashova.

What did they charge you for the upgrade (if you don't mind sharing?)

Archived