Qhubeka Van in the Cradle

SpecialK

I just wanted to say that I was very impressed with the driver of the white Mercedes van with the Qhubeka sticker on the side that was in the cradle yesterday. I saw him numerous times stopping to help people (none of which were in Qhubeka kit). I saw him stop at least 4 times, offering his expertise on mechanicals, the use of his foot pump or even just refilling water bottles from the 5l bottle in the van, which would probably be such a god-sent gesture in the heat. 

If anyone knows who this lovely gentleman is, please buy him a whole bottle of Bells, because he truly deserves it!

A few years ago we chatted to an oldish guy on a bike who had been bringing some of his staff to the Cradle during the week to sweep up/clear the cycle lane of glass etc.

Great to see.

I never cleaned up in the Cradle apart from cutting some bushes on the MTB path but I did used to go out and sweep glass at some of our local intersections on the west rand. Problem was it was a never ending job! lol

Not sure about the branding of the van, but a few years ago, also riding in the Cradle, the van promptly stopped, tried to help me with a flat, and then fetched a new tube from the van and replaced mine.  I was seriously impressed and will always be thankful.  This is the type of human nature that we are not used to anymore.

Archived