The Munga - The Toughest Race On Earth

nathrix

I see Brandon is camping somewhere in the koppie. Wonder what he is doing all there by herself?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the tracking system go belly up? 

Everybody been standing still for very long . ..  >30 minutes. 

Everybody been standing still for very long . .. >30 minutes.

Mmm must be cause I see BS is still in no man's land where I saw him last.

Everybody been standing still for very long . .. >30 minutes.

Think it has!

Time to say goodnight to the dots...

i also expect Tim Deane to go deep here, he's got loads of endurance experience and has even bought himself a 29er for this year's race (ok, it might have done an EA and an FC too now already)

Still far too early to even try predict a winner...for me anyway. Also, all that went on near the end last year!

Going to stick my neck out, JEANNIE the BOMB has got this in the bag,

I agree. I think Brandon lacks adventure racing experience and that is why he may struggle to win this event. Adventure racing is very different.

The Dreyers have to be one of the best teams out there for managing an event of this nature.

Interesting, also, to see how well Mike Woolnough is doing. He must be in his mid fifties. His adventure racing experience is extensive.

mike is not an adventure racer per se. he's a late starting endurance rider, and has racked up loads of miles in this sort of thing - he's an avid FC  supporter and fundi woth loads of blankets - he knows what to do here.

I wonder if in this heat it isn't better to sleep in the middle of the day(hopefully in a air conditioned room) and ride at night? I guess there are so many different scenarios that play out. Visibility at night is obviously always a point against night riding. The bodies natural clock that wants to sleep at night. Either way he has put in a monster ride so far.

totally. good miles to be made in the night, 

And she hold the Women's RASA record which is the 6th fastest time ever ! Apparently they stopped a few times because it was their honeymoon , Jeannie wanted to push on but Martin convinced her to have a rest ! One seriously strong rider !

tied 5th..and that story has a bit of poetic licence, but is basically true

Everybody been standing still for very long . ..  >30 minutes. 

seems so!

Mmm must be cause I see BS is still in no man's land where I saw him last.

Think it has!

Time to say goodnight to the dots...

Everyone been stationary for more than 50 minutes now, some much longer and the flags turned  translucent.  

tracker is back on.

my prediction -

VR is coming into Loxton, will have a break there - been on the run for 40 hours now.

Jeannie will get close to him here, and he will bolt as soon as she gets in.

She'll take a short rest and then klap the road, and overtake him before the next WP with a higher speed.

will come back tomorrow am to see how this pans out!

i wonder what the word is on this

The first rider to cross the finish line wins R35 000.

Same for the first woman across the line 

Next year chaps..... who's in?

Slow, just been asked by SWMABO why I'm not doing this. Guess that's a pink ticket :clap:

Archived