Post Office International parcels - Go slow??

The Guy in Pink

Is the post office on strike again or on a go slow? (Or go even slower than usual if that's possible)

I had a parcel which according to the Netherlands Post office arrived in SA on the 17th October.  The SA Post office acknowledged it as arriving two weeks later on the 2nd November, and since then no movement - No forwarding to customs or anything.

I have another two parcels on the way with the USPS which are Christmas presents - according to USPS they have left the US, I now wonder if I will have them for this Christmas.  

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also waiting for a parcel from the UK. Was supposed to be here already but no trace of it other than it left the UK on the 1st of November.

I ordered something from from Totalcylcing and sent via paid Royal Mail. It took 6weeks. CRC order took less than 3weeks for free postage via Jersey Post. Its the luck of the draw. If you have a local tracking number load the app from post office and it will send you notifications.

2 identical magazines posted at same time from UK. One delivered to JHB address 2 weeks ago, the other for PE has not yet arrived, still stuck in JHB.

I waited 2 months for my warranty from Boa Dials.

I have learned to not have any faith in the SAPO , just wait and wait(and wait) eventually it will get here. 

I order regularly from overseas (my wife think i have a problem but thats another story) my parcels from china takes anything between 6 and 8 weeks at the moment.

It has come down to 3 weeks at some stages but you must remember alot of poeple are starting to either order christmas pressies or sending from overseas to family and friends here.

If SAPO was a properly run business they would think to get extra staffing in for these periods but no they dont. I have been waiting for more than 6 months on a lock for a post box.

I have been going to SAPO debot for more then 2 years to get my mail as they are unable to supply me with a post box.

But some just slips through without issue, i have an order of lights coming in which should be at my local SAPO either this morning or afternoon and it shipped form seychelles less than 3 weeks ago.

The post office is not always to blame. International mail passes through Customs and SARS are not the speediest of people either.

On my recent order from CRC I waited 22 days with Jersey Post. The parcel was at SARS and SAPO for 4 days total. In my case Jersey Post was the culprit. That is if the notifications can be trusted. I think my package was on a ship.

Someone is definitely on a go slow. Waiting 5 weeks for a small parcel from Germany that normally takes two. All my stuff from China is delayed. Normally the go slow only starts in December. This year it is early.

I recently ordered from ProBikeKit in the UK. It was dispatched on the 24th October and I picked it up from the post office on the 7th November.  2 weeks which isn't too bad...

• 2 years later...

I ordered a fork from Singapore on the 7th April.  It arrived in SA on the 21st April, and then moved onto Cape Mail on the 6th May.  It's been there since and no updates.

post-50868-0-91134500-1559743568_thumb.jpg

I'm now not sure what to do.  How long have people waited for parcels once in the country?

Edited by Sbloomer

I ordered a fork from Singapore on the 7th April.  It arrived in SA on the 21st April, and then moved onto Cape Mail on the 6th May.  It's been there since and no updates.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

I'm now not sure what to do.  How long have people waited for parcels once in the country?

anywhere from 1 - 8 months after it hits Customs...

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

12 months and waiting!