L’Étape South Africa

carbon29er

Just remember, that simply because two different situations might share a common point, does not mean that the they are by association the same ;)

Events hiding behind T&C might not be "right" and both CTCT and LeTape seem to have done this to some extent, but that does NOT mean LeTape's cancellation is the same as the CTCT cancellation.

No question, and I hope I did not give that impression.  Carbon29 IS correct on the moral issue.  Just more correct in the case of L'etape. 

The ducking and diving that is going on now is spectacular.  So much for the so-called PR Machine - typical bucketshop.  when things get sticky and some REAL PR management and communication is required, then "poof".  To much like hard work.

The problem with these sorts of things is that there are never consequences.  Shysters prey on the ever optimistic sports enthusiasts continuously.  Well done.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to Sunday... looks like we have a rather large turnout planned, based on the numbers that have joined the Whatsapp group. Good news for those willing to ride the route and also get to meet each other.

But possibly a nightmare to control - so we will have to split the group, and implement some sort of "responsible" group captains. Groups will have to be setup based on ability and honesty (average speed over a 120+ Km ride is a start).

I agree. 3 groups.

A 30km average group if you get dropped-sorry

a 27km average group if you get dropped-sorry

a 25km average group- ride the whole route as a group. no one gets dropped.

Here's what I know - thanks to a reply from Cycle Events. As I have mentioned before, Cycle Events may have been thrown a hospital pass, but it's not their fault. They have received a number of queries from participants, and will respond once they have all the information from the organisers.

****** has not responded to the mails yet simply because we are still trying to get confirmation from the organisers about what exactly they are planning to do.

You will definitely get a full refund on entries, they cannot deny anyone that. We just want to confirm all the procedures and also get them to send out a proper statement to all riders with all the reasons etc. otherwise we will have back and forth e-mail all day if we don’t have full info.

I'm on the list as paid, and waiting for a refund. And I am also a bit disappointed (to put it mildly). Please allow them time to get the information from the organisers, and then to send a statement to each person that has entered.

Caroline from The PR Machine asked us to post this regarding the event communications:

Dear Bike Hub followers,

Once we have received final communication from the event organisers, I assure you that it will be disseminated accordingly.

Note that The PR Machine is not involved in the organisation nor refunds of this event.

Should anyone have any issues in this regard, please call me personally (082 904 6848) or email me: caroline@theprmachine.co.za. Rest assured that I will do everything in my power to sort out your PR queries.

Kind regards,
Caroline Malan (MD: The PR Machine)

CTCT set the benchmark i guess,

i should start thinking about organizing a race soon, i need the cash injection

Caroline from The PR Machine asked us to post this regarding the event communications:

Dear Bike Hub followers,

Once we have received final communication from the event organisers, I assure you that it will be disseminated accordingly.

Note that The PR Machine is not involved in the organisation nor refunds of this event.

Should anyone have any issues in this regard, please call me personally (082 904 6848) or email me: caroline@theprmachine.co.za. Rest assured that I will do everything in my power to sort out your PR queries.

Kind regards,

"The PR machine'  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  

Dear Bike Hub followers,

Kind regards,

Hi Admin!!

Are you okes going to make an appearance this weekend?  This can't be a hub ride without some admin.  Who am |I going to tattle tale to when some poep does not point out every hole?

Hi Admin!!

Are you okes going to make an appearance this weekend?  This can't be a hub ride without some admin.  Who am |I going to tattle tale to when some poep does not point out every hole?

It's a long way for us to come but Gerald seems to be more than up to the task ;)  

"The PR machine'  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  

When I read those words, this knobhead springs to mind....

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/783/9d547a2b778f48e9a723277b86268be7.jpg

Will the credit card company (Mastercard) reverse the transaction? 

I mailed Cycleevents this question. Got a reply straight away saying the organisers will issue a statement soon and Cycleevents will process refunds.

I had problems before with an online website, my bank reversed the amount, no questions. It was VISA, I paid for something and did not get it, after much negotiations with the seller and many excuses.

I read the FNB reversal request form with VISA, they say you need to try and negotiate with the seller before logging a request for a refund.

When I read those words, this knobhead springs to mind....

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/783/9d547a2b778f48e9a723277b86268be7.jpg

PR Machine, indeed! Does this oke work there?

just received mail from L`Etape organisers (or what appears to be), appears if entry fee paid for by credit card we expect refund from Cycle Events via payment reversal:

L’Etape South Africa’s event organisers, Buyu Sport & Entertainment and Cycling South Africa met last week.  Having assessed the conditions of the roads, which have been under a road rehabilitation program, and some of the compliance issues required, it was concluded that the road surface for the proposed route will not be in a satisfactory state for riders by the race date, the 2nd of April 2017.

Both parties agree that the safety of riders is of utmost importance and cannot be compromised and have therefore come to a mutual agreement to postpone the event to a future date to be agreed upon.

L’Etape South Africa would like to apologise to all cyclists. We are cognisant of the financial, emotional and physical investment that has gone into preparing for a cycling event of this magnitude.

Race entry refund policy, process and timeline

We will be refunding you the fully paid entry fees.  

If you paid via Credit Card: Cycle Events will facilitate the refund process to all participants who paid via credit card. Once the refund transaction has been reversed back into the credit card that was used for the entry, it will take 4 working days to reflect in the riders account. The payment gateway system will notify the card holder of this transaction once processed.

If you paid via EFT: Octagon South Africa will facilitate the refund process to all participants who paid via EFT. Once the refund transaction has been reversed back into the account that was used for the entry, it will take your normal bank working days to reflect into your account.

We are committed to responding to all your queries. Please be in touch with us using the below methods:

For further Information and EFT queries:

L’Etape South Africa:

Email: info@letapesouthafrica.com

For Credit Card Refunds:

Cycle Events:

Email: queries@cycleevents.co.za

Race Office number: 087 820 4210

Social media: Twitter: @LetapeSA. Instagram: @letapesa. Facebook: L’Etape South Africa @letapesouthafrica

Archived