The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

⚠️⚠️⚠️

Both Tony Gallopin and Jelle Wallays are injured heading into Paris-Roubaix on Sunday with the two crashing during a recon ride of the cobbles on Thursday, adding to the list of bad luck plaguing the Lotto Soundal team this Classics season.

⚠️⚠️⚠️

Both Tony Gallopin and Jelle Wallays are injured heading into Paris-Roubaix on Sunday with the two crashing during a recon ride of the cobbles on Thursday, adding to the list of bad luck plaguing the Lotto Soundal team this Classics season.

They've had a bit of a disastrous classics campaign.

Getting Super Excited!!!

Like Dale said: Heart says Tommeke, Mind says GvA.

And I think Sagan will podium too.

Keep in mind there is a big possibility that an outsider takes it due to the fact that the above 3 riders will have an enormous target on their backs. (Maybe Kristoff,EBH,Stybar,Stuyven)

Getting Super Excited!!!

Keep in mind there is a big possibility that an outsider takes it due to the fact that the above 3 riders will have an enormous target on their backs. (Maybe Kristoff,EBH,Stybar,Stuyven)

I have never seen this oke in a break. Not sure he has what it takes to be in a break. I think his team mate panzerwagon has more of a chance. Otherwise every other name you mentioned has what it takes and good money says it will be one of them.

I have never seen this oke in a break. Not sure he has what it takes to be in a break. I think his team mate panzerwagon has more of a chance. Otherwise every other name you mentioned has what it takes and good money says it will be one of them.

Agree on Martin.. he must just stay on his bike.. he has had some bad luck the last couple of weeks.

Getting Super Excited!!!

I also think a less prominent rider could well take it. EBH has what it takes to win in a small group sprint and he has a low enough profile to slip through into a break with less attention than a Tommeke, Sagan and GVA. If I were a betting man I would put a couple of bucks on him...

I also think a less prominent rider could well take it. EBH has what it takes to win in a small group sprint and he has a low enough profile to slip through into a break with less attention than a Tommeke, Sagan and GVA. If I were a betting man I would put a couple of bucks on him...

Problem is, you don't just sommer go in a break in PR. It's more like a break the group apart and survive to the end type race. BUT predictions show a tail wind, so it might just be possible for a big engine to go clear and stay away!

2015 RVV

From Velonews:

http://www.velonews.com/2017/04/commentary/paris-roubaix-power-rankings-10-picks-for-the-pave_434825

Paris-Roubaix power rankings: 10 picks for the pavé

By Spencer Powlison Published Apr. 6, 2017

10. Edvald Boasson Hagen (Dimension Data)

9. Mathew Hayman (Orica-Scott)

8. Ian Stannard (Team Sky)

7. Oliver Naesen (Ag2r La Mondiale)

6. Alexander Kristoff (Katusha-Alpecin)

5. Niki Terpstra (Quick-Step Floors)

4. John Degenkolb (Trek-Segafredo)

3. Greg Van Avermaet (BMC Racing)

2. Peter Sagan (Bora-Hansgrohe)

1. Tom Boonen (Quick-Step Floors)

My podium picks in bold - just not sure which order.

Edited by Frosty

Sagan has a new Specialized Roubaix bike for Sunday and spent time dialling it in with the Bora-Hansgrohe mechanics, tweaking the brakes and testing the tyres to decide the best pressure for the pavé. Like Tom Boonen, Sagan has opted not to use disc brakes due to the risks of a slow wheel or bike change and so Specialized have made their two star riders a special version of the US brand’s new Roubaix bike.

Cyclingnews