The Classics

'Dale

You think Sagz is a team player?.... have not seen much of that !!

That is not entirely true ..and you know that[emoji23]

Certain races he is the leader and certain races he works for others..we have seen this many times over the years..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not entirely true ..and you know that[emoji23]

Certain races he is the leader and certain races he works for others..we have seen this many times over the years..

Most races he may do some work, but the majority he is in it for himself and the win.

Perhaps in the short term he should become a team player, let others break away for possible wins and in doing so take the direct attention off him.  

At the moment, you know he will be up there fighting for the win... so is easy just to monitor and follow his lead which will take you to the pointy end come finish line... it is the way of the classics and an easy race plan to follow..... not withstanding the current success of thte breakaways.

Come the tours, team tactics take over much more with the likes of Sky, Movistar, Astana etc... the focus is not on Sagan and in fact is the modus operandi he employs in having the strong teams take him to the line where he can try to get the win.... or 2nd in many cases!

Most races he may do some work, but the majority he is in it for himself and the win.

Perhaps in the short term he should become a team player, let others break away for possible wins and in doing so take the direct attention off him.

At the moment, you know he will be up there fighting for the win... so is easy just to monitor and follow his lead which will take you to the pointy end come finish line... it is the way of the classics and an easy race plan to follow..... not withstanding the current success of thte breakaways.

Come the tours, team tactics take over much more with the likes of Sky, Movistar, Astana etc... the focus is not on Sagan and in fact is the modus operandi he employs in having the strong teams take him to the line where he can try to get the win.... or 2nd in many cases!

And I've said that a few times..they need another card to play. ..would like nothing more than them completely confusing the other teams by doing that..i would giggle for days...yes it would help him in the long run..That's why QS have an advantage..cause who knows who is team leader in which classic..

But then don't go say he isn't a team player when we've seen him paced riders, looked after GC riders, carried bottles and lead teammates out for a sprint.

Yes a lot of times he is in it to win it..but when called upon to do another job he does it..so I think you were a bit harsh with that comment.

GvA will be keen to 'defend' his title at the Hell Of The North.

So, we can expect BMC to bring it on.

Hayman's team will also be keen to make it count and maybe snatch another Monument.

Ai, Sep, hope you can clinch one Monument.

Maybe this weekend.

Thinking ahead.

Ashleigh BLOG ????????????????????????

“If there was ever a position that gets forgotten, it's fourth place. Just off the podium means out of people's minds and a performance lost on a results sheet, but there is always a story behind fourth place. I missed the podium by millimetres but let's back up.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/author/ashleigh-moolman-pasio-blog-the-forgotten-fourth-place/

Edited by 'Dale

Panzerwagen crashed into the hedge once last season

Seems he likes those hedges...

He seems to have lost his (h)edge TM.

Off topic... Quickstep the team to beat early in the season! 2 wins for Alaphilippe in the Tour of the Basque Country. What a week the team is having!

What a season they are having....win nr 23 already?

Alaphillipe to end Valverde's reign at the Ardennes classics... what a racer.

Edited by Gen