365 for 365

Well, that is November done. Biggest month I have ever done, I think (I am not a habitual record-keeper, and Strava only goes back a few years).

Went a little big to make sure I had miles in the bank for December, with the secondary 10 000 mile(16 100km) goal in mind. I think that is doable now, even if half of December is limited to stolen single hour rides.

Roll on 'holidays'.

post-86413-0-61979600-1543578192_thumb.png

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reached my modest annual targets with a month to spare thanks to this idea. Was hoping I could actually run a 5lm by now but dog walking took over [emoji23] the running mornings.

Need to think what I’m aiming for next year but first let me not miss a day in this month [emoji1693]

• 2 weeks later...

Guys is there a way to know the calories as you are exercising? Thinking of putting a target of ‘x’ per session every day but it’s easier if I know I need to keep walking or running until I’ve met the target. Maybe a fancy watch?

See I will look back at some of the sessions this year and form an idea

Guys is there a way to know the calories as you are exercising? Thinking of putting a target of ‘x’ per session every day but it’s easier if I know I need to keep walking or running until I’ve met the target. Maybe a fancy watch?

See I will look back at some of the sessions this year and form an idea

Google result showed this:

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/how-to-calculate-calories-burned-exercise-met-value-2017-8

Lookup MET values here:

https://sites.google.com/site/compendiumofphysicalactivities/Activity-Categories/bicycling

I’ve had a looked at the last few workouts, all on the same bike with +/- the same total body mass - the rides were all morning starts, three days in a row. Temperatures were mostly the same too. I’ll convert each one back to an hourly rate and see if they yield a similar value.

Single digits ahoy!

Nearly Time to decide on next year

My plan for the last 10 days:

Sat - 22nd - 130Km ride

Sun - 23rd - 10Km run

---------------------------------

Mon - 24th - 105Km ride

Tue - 25th - 5Km run (just need to find a suitable time)

Wed - 26th - 50Km ride

Thu - 27th - 85Km ride

Fri - 28th - 50Km ride

Sat - 29th - 130Km ride

Sun - 30th - 10Km run

Mon - 31st - 85Km ride

---------------------------------

Last 8 days totals 505Km = Rapha500 challenge too.