2017 Vuelta a España

Bonus

Imagine in a few years when Froome, Nibali, etc all retire and we have Meintjies and Quintana following each other all over the world... 

Ja, they will be like 2 dogs sniffing each other's tails.  :clap:

Edited by Moridin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt think Chavez would hold on, I hoped, but he is still too young I think, maybe in a few years. 

As I said earlier without the big guns from Movistar to challenge this is going to be a Cake Walk for Froome and Sky, he appears to have recovered well from the tour whereas 'Berto, Bardet and Aru have not, and there really is no other team here now as strong a Sky.  

Unless Froome has a catastrophic day or crashes, I dont see anyone challenging him right now.

I didnt think Chavez would hold on, I hoped, but he is still too young I think, maybe in a few years.

As I said earlier without the big guns from Movistar to challenge this is going to be a Cake Walk for Froome and Sky, he appears to have recovered well from the tour whereas 'Berto, Bardet and Aru have not, and there really is no other team here now as strong a Sky.

Unless Froome has a catastrophic day or crashes, I dont see anyone challenging him right now.

His biggest challenge will be his health..if he can stay healthy should be fine..but that weather of yesterday may cause some riders to get sick. .let's hope not..but they had really hot days and then the cold and wet of yesterday...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hope we haven't developed into a group of "fans" all wishing Froome and Sky ill just so we can have another leader. We've all been raving at how exciting the Vuelta is.

Froome is the best on the day. The tour is not over and I don't think this is a "walk in the park" for anyone, including Froome. Anyone thinking that is showing scant respect for all still riding.

Currently Froome is 1st on GC, 2nd on points and 2nd on KOM - so obviously first in combined.

While he laid down quite a big marker yesterday and there was daylight in GC, it was not that different last year and he faded in the final week. 

I see Pauwels is out... does that make 5 Di-Data guys retired from the race?!

good thing they already had the TTT, would have been tough with only 4 guys!

by my count there are 22 people out of the race...5 of those come from DDD. Damn that team bus must be lonely.

Edited by rider#35

stage 3 - ben king, stomach bug

stage 5 - guess the same

In not so positive news our Algerian champion, Youcef Reguigui, also fell ill today and was not able to complete the stage.

Stage 6 - Dougall sick too

https://twitter.com/nic_dougall/status/900981612753686528

Stage  7 Kudus crashes

Misfortune has followed Team Dimension Data for Qhubeka around all week at the Vuelta a Espana and today it claimed Merhawi Kudus. Unfortunately, Kudus crashed 100km into today’s 200km stage, our Eritrean climber tried to get up and continue but was unable to. Kudus was sent to hospital for further examination. This puts our African Team down to just 5 riders, after Nic Dougall (stage 6), Youcef Reguigui (stage 5) and Ben King (stage 3) fell ill.

Stage 11 - Pauwels out, surely not the same bug!

Cofidis lighting it up as usual

With 11 of the 21 stages of La Vuelta 2017 (including the opening TTT), here's a first assessment of team performances. Quick-Step Floors have been omnipresent, with three different stage winners (Matteo Trentin x2, Yves Lampaert, Julian Alaphilippe). Astana riders made it twice in the top 3 and both times they came out on top, with Alexey Lutsenko and Miguel Angel Lopez winning stages 5 and 11. 
STAGE WINS: 
1. Quick-Step Floors, 4 
2. Astana, 2 
3. BMC, Sky, Lotto-Soudal, Bahrain-Merida, UAE, 1 
TOP 3 : 
1. Quick-Step Floors, 8 
2. Sky, Bora-Hansgrohe, Movistar, 3 
5. Bahrain-Merida, UAE, Cannondale-Drapac, Astana, 2 
9. BMC, Sunweb, Orica-Scott, Lotto-Soudal, Aqua Blue Sport, LottoNL-Jumbo, Dimension Data, Caja Rural-RGA, 1 
17. Katusha, Trek-Segafredo, AG2R-La Mondiale, FDJ, Manzana-Postobon, Cofidis, 0 
TOP 10 : 
1. Quick-Step Floors, 11 
2. BMC, Bora-Hansgrohe, UAE, 7 
5. Sunweb, Sky, Lotto-Soudal, Movistar, Bahrain-Merida, Katusha, Astana, 6 
12. AG2R-La Mondiale, 5 
13. Orica-Scott, Trek-Segafredo, Cannondale-Drapac, FDJ, Dimension Data, 4 
18. Manzana-Postobon, 3 
19. Aqua Blue Sport, LottoNL-Jumbo, Caja Rural-RGA, Cofidis, 2

Sometimes I just don't understand you humans, truly the most FU species circulating the sun

Because of stuff like this that intelligent species just keep going when they stumble across earth.

Damn

I get home every evening as the presentation is on having missed the end of the stage....and i forget to set the pvr

Damn

I get home every evening as the presentation is on having missed the end of the stage....and i forget to set the pvr

Aaw shucks..probably the one good thing about the connector..you can record remotely via the app.

Aaaw man.. I am going to miss Bert..who else has the balls to try like this.. go go go

Pity Roche couldn't stay with him.. 2 is better than one..

Edited by Gen

Theuns sat up and has waited for Bert. .just in time - on the descent. .....it's. ....show time