Female cyclist killed outside Wellington

webs

She was a school friend of mine. Very sad. RIP Delene, I will miss the catch up chats we had at the events.

Hi Breezer. Send me a private message. Would like to catch up with you. It's me Brendan, Delene was my girlfriend. Not sure if you are on her Facebook? Lets chat there, here? Where ever :)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard last night that the driver was using his phone when the accident happened.... ://

I'm Delene's boyfriend. There is no evidence that he was using his phone as of yet.

I'm Delene's boyfriend.

She left Paarl for a cycle on 14 January 2017. She went through Wellington on her way to Hermon, and would have met her dad at Malmesbury, They would have cycled to the four way stop, back to Wellington, Hermon and then would have stopped at du Vlei for breakfast. I stayed at home that morning as I was feeling fluish and would have gotten them at du Vlei. About 10km outside Wellington she was struck by a car and died. I came looking for her and came across her body already covered up by the police. It was the darkest day of life. The police didn't want me to see her, but I was allowed to sit next her after many attempts of trying to get close to her.

It's been the hardest 4 weeks of my life so far - everyday I have to face life and our cycling rides alone without Delene. She was an yster and was my driving force to be a better cyclist - although I could never beat her in any race.

At this point in time the is no further news regarding the investigation. I would like to ask that every one stay away from any speculation as this is all that is available at the moment.

Edited by Brendan Vogt

I'm Delene's boyfriend.

She left Paarl for a cycle on 14 January 2017. She went through Wellington on her way to Hermon, and would have met her dad at Malmesbury, They would have cycled to the four way stop, back to Wellington, Hermon and then would have stopped at du Vlei for breakfast. I stayed at home that morning as I was feeling fluish and would have gotten them at du Vlei. About 10km outside Wellington she was struck by a car and died. I came looking for her and came across her body already covered up by the police. It was the darkest day of life. The police didn't want me to see her, but I was allowed to sit next her after many attempts of trying to get close to her.

It's been the hardest 4 weeks of my life so far - everyday I have to face life and our cycling rides alone without Delene. She was an yster and was my driving force to be a better cyclist - although I could never beat her in any race.

At this point in time the is no further news regarding the investigation. I would like to ask that every one stay away from any speculation as this is all that is available at the moment.

I cannot imagine the pain, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I'm Delene's boyfriend.

Strongs to you Brendan.

I'm Delene's boyfriend.

Thanks for filling us all in on what was and still is a terribly tragic event.  Condolences and strongs to you, friends and family.  Rest in Peace Delene.

Hi Brendan - Very sorry about your loss. The way she was taken is tragic & unfair. Few days back I looked at few of my old results on Racetec and noticed her name in one of my starting groups. Saw from her results she was a very strong cyclist!

Will attend the memorial ride on Sunday

I'm Delene's boyfriend.

Strength to you in this awful time...

Hi Brendan - Very sorry about your loss. The way she was taken is tragic & unfair. Few days back I looked at few of my old results on Racetec and noticed her name in one of my starting groups. Saw from her results she was a very strong cyclist!

Will attend the memorial ride on Sunday

It's Saturday (the 18th of February 2017)