[Event] Western Cape XCO Series 2017 XCO#1 Slanghoek

Morne Veer

Event Name: Western Cape XCO Series 2017 XCO#1 Slanghoek
When: 4 February 2017
Where: Slanghoek, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Next weekend (04/02) sees the series kicking off at Slanghoek (just outside Rawsonville). The series caters for all age categories, from the nippers right up to grand-masters. A special invite to young, AND the old, to come and join in the "fun" - live a little !! #xcoracing

Here's a video clip with some footage (photos) of last year's series :

All the relevant information can be found on the Western Cape MTB commission's facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/wpmtbc/?fref=ts

For more detailed race information and entries :

http://www.wpcycling.com/event/xco-1-slanghoek-mountain-resort/?instance_id=1949

Awesome newly built course, stunning host venue (Slanghoek), and event hosting of the highest quality (which includes electronic timing, live commentary, vendors, food stalls, entertainment, etc) - bring the family along and come and experience a great day out.

Go to Event Page

hubevents-17350-0-16091900-1485550323_thumb.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say that when trying to grow a sport, posting pictures of almost every crash in the series is only appeal to complete masochists lol! So sad to not be joining in this year

Gotta say that when trying to grow a sport, posting pictures of almost every crash in the series is only appeal to complete masochists lol! So sad to not be joining in this year

come now Rapunzel let down your hair?

....I only used pics from about 10 percent of the total crashes  :D

I was totally hopeless at last year's XCO but absolutely enjoyed it. My arm still not 100% so going to miss being hopeless at this one.

So glad that I was not the only one being hopeless out there, in terms of results, BUT I had so much fun at each event. Yip, I had blood in my throat for the most, yes it is tough to ride that hard for a hour and half (basically one big interval), but the experience was great. I am back this year and will again enjoy the races with my wife and kids, and make a lekker day out of it. Pappa bear needs to put on a good show for the family - lol. 

Edited by GoFastORGoHome

Would love to be taking part again this year but unfortunately entry fees are getting a bit to steep can't justify spending R350 for an hour+ ride but to all those guys and girls riding tomorrow enjoy and. 

I'll be heading up super early on Sat, hopefully in time to get a lap in before racing starts.

See you all there!

Great guys - cant wait. 

Just for the record, I am not the organiser of the event - the event is run by a handful of VERY committed parents and volunteers, who simply do an AMAZING job.

I only help where I can - hence I opted to do "create" the event here in the race diary section.

It truly is a stunning day out, and best enjoyed if you bring your family and mates around - look forward to seeing all of you there.

Kind Regards 

Edited by GoFastORGoHome

There was a guy, I think it was the coach of the Mr. Race team, with ginger hair and beard, that behaved in a very unsportsmanlike way, and in general like a chop.  He swears at the kids that he trains on the track, and is generally considered by me to not be a good role model for the kids that he trains.

Who of you here knows him?

Edited by Moridin

There was a guy, I think it was the coach of the Mr. Race team, with ginger hair and beard, that behaved in a very unsportsmanlike way, and in general like a chop.  He swears at the kids that he trains on the track, and is generally considered by me to not be a good role model for the kids that he trains.

Who of you here knows him?

That is bound to burn out any ambition, passion or hunger for the sport in the laaities.

Sounds like a bully.

BTW, there seemed to be carnage amongst the vets and sub vets. Almost every rider had dust marks on them from crashes. In the Juniors race, 2 guys had hard crashes. One rider's handlebars when 180, but couldn't return back because the brake levers were in the way, touching on the top tube. How did that happen?

Edited by Moridin

On the first lap, into the first singletrack I had to guess where I was going. Cloud of dust. Was insane. . Haven't suffered that much in a loong time. . My legs are hatin me today.