[Event] Load SA Cup Series XCO #1 (Subaru Cape Town WC XCO Series #2)

Morne Veer

Yup!! Captain Carl is on it!! 0bfa4c71ff6b881637b580ffcf3f9fba.jpg

Also an explanation how this happened!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:eek:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup!! Captain Carl is on it!! 0bfa4c71ff6b881637b580ffcf3f9fba.jpg

Also an explanation how this happened!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah espcially since he had a dropper seat post fixed to that saddle? ????????

#justkiddingWally ????

Another amazing XC race! This format of racing is so awesome and it was great to have such a strong sub vets field. I didn't feature at all on Saturday, but I tried my best and had a good time, at least no crashes for me this time!

The course was incredible and it is amazing to see how the courses and technical sections have evolved over the last few years.

Seems a few of us had a day at the office, different to what we expected, for various reasons.

STILL, the euphoria of the day, and one's race, still supersedes any emotion of disappointment in your performance.  

Towards the latter part of the race, I encountered a fellow Vets rider, who was taking shots, as we all were, but he pushed his bike up on the singletrack switchback climbs towards the end of the course - I gave him a few words of encouragement, although I was broken myself, but just realised at that point, that we are all on the same battlefield, facing our own demons, and for a brief moment, I actually felt his pain as well. 

There is such a lot of potential with these events, and we need to grow this discipline by getting more of our mates to join, as there still remains a perception that these events only cater for the "pro" athletes, or perhaps the "better" athletes - which is not the case. The experience is there for all to enjoy and I for one am quite excited to see the strides being made thus far, and for what the future holds.  

Edited by Veer-Factor

Seems a few of us had a day at the office, different to what we expected, for various reasons.

STILL, the euphoria of the day, and one's race, still supersedes any emotion of disappointment in your performance.

Towards the latter part of the race, I encountered a fellow Vets rider, who was taking shots, as we all were, but he pushed his bike up on the singletrack switchback climbs towards the end of the course - I gave him a few words of encouragement, although I was broken myself, but just realised at that point, that we are all on the same battlefield, facing our own demons, and for a brief moment, I actually felt his pain as well.

There is such a lot of potential with these events, and we need to grow this discipline by getting more of our mates to join, as there still remains a perception that these events only cater for the "pro" athletes, or perhaps the "better" athletes - which is not the case. The experience is there for all to enjoy and I for one am quite excited to see the strides being made thus far, and for what the future holds.

the problem is, that it's not for everyone some people will try it once & decide right there they don't want to ever suffer like that again no matter what & then there is us, the looney crew that thrives on pain & tears & blood.

I was hoping to a bit more different venues. . 2 more at Bloemendal and then another one at rhebokskloof.

im Honestly not surprised if other venues don't want to host again, as it's evident that the trails are proper thrashed after a XCO event the amount of brake dragging is ridiculous.