[Event] Load SA Cup Series XCO #1 (Subaru Cape Town WC XCO Series #2)

Morne Veer

Hoping I finish a lap this week!

Donovan, if you stay upright this time, you will waive at us from the podium afterwards - climbers course, for sure (as they pretty much all are)....and we all know, when it comes to the climbing department, you tick that box with a thick black permanent marker !! 

See you out there !

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and my son will also be there. Would like to meet them. We will be there at the Friday afternoon team briefing.

BTW, we paid for the kit last night. Well, my wife did. I am broke. :blush:

Awesome!! Say hi to the short one that is Carl and the tall one Waldo. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besides various South African champs and top contenders, confirmation of some international visitors in the elites-field for Saturday :

Elite Men Simon Andreassen Denmark
Elite Men Komborero Bere Zimbabwe
Elite Men Frazer Clacherty Great Britain
Elite Men Tristan de Lange Namibia
Elite Men Vinzent Dorn Germany
Elite Men Ryan Ellis Zambia
Elite Men Manuel Fumic Germany
Elite Men Sam Gaze New Zealand
Elite Men Martin Gluth Germany
Elite Men Marcel Guerrini Switzerland
Elite Men Lars Koch Germany
Elite Men Mark Mcguire Great Britain
Elite Men Nicola Rohrbach Switzerland

Elite Women Marianne Bergli Norway
Elite Women Helen Grobert Germany
Elite Women Annie Last Great Britain
Elite Women Ariane Lüthi Switzerland
Elite Women Nora Richards United States
Elite Women Kathrin Stirnemann Switzerland

Bring on the races !!!

Stiff competition in both the men's and women's elites.

Age groupers seem a bit sparse but hopefully with the online entry system issues, we'll see more register on Friday.

Bliksem!

Stellar entry list!

And i might not make it there this weekend :-(

Donovan, if you stay upright this time, you will waive at us from the podium afterwards - climbers course, for sure (as they pretty much all are)....and we all know, when it comes to the climbing department, you tick that box with a thick black permanent marker !! 

See you out there !

Can not wait!!!

Milky, why cant i find your name on the list?

I am heading to Rheebokskloof at 2pm to register and get a lap or 2 in.

Apparently the track is easier than the version from last year. 

Lets see.

What times is this happening? I'd like to come do some spectating - and maybe snap one or two pics.  

Going thru as soon as my boy comes back from school. We should be able to leave here at 2. Should be there at around 14h50 - 14h55.

Looks like tomorrow will be somewhat cooler. Good news for the Juniors and Elites.

Milky, why cant i find your name on the list?

I am heading to Rheebokskloof at 2pm to register and get a lap or 2 in.

Apparently the track is easier than the version from last year.

Lets see.

wasnt sure if I should enter or not then FOMO got the better of me. Was there today to get in 2 laps. See you in the start grid tomorrow.

Now that was proper balls to the wall stuff today. Thank goodness the heat stayed away else it would've been one messy battlefield.

I was sitting in a pretty decent position for a podium, then lost 3 places on the 4th lap, 5th lap I just had to consolidate but a hell of an improvement from the first event. I also did myself no favors by missing the call up into the start chute. I had to line up right at the back & that cost me dereley on that 1st lap.

PROPER test out there today - few very sketchy patches, with a lot of loose sand, which made the simplest of riding, a technical challenge. 

Well done to all who took part and managed to get of the course unscathed, I believe a few was not that lucky.

Hats of the organisers (WP MTB COMMISSION), compromising of all the volunteers and parents. Again putting on a stunning event, and making sure that all visitors had a day out to remember. 

Good seeing all our international pro athletes there as well - a saw a lot of young boys and girls cheering them on, and running for autographs earlier in the day.

I suffered for the most, so I guess it is back to the drawing board before the next one.

I was sitting in a pretty decent position for a podium, then lost 3 places on the 4th lap, 5th lap I just had to consolidate but a hell of an improvement from the first event. I also did myself no favors by missing the call up into the start chute. I had to line up right at the back & that cost me dereley on that 1st lap.

Nicely done ????????????????