The Return of the ST-R 29 Hardtail? Steel Is Real!

henningvr

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm thinking of getting one of these frames for a build with some spare parts that are lying around.

Momsen still has some good prices for these frames. Can anyone comment on the difference between the STF29 19 and STR29 21?  Besides the fact that the STF as the slide dropout and different geometry. What is the purpose of a slide dropout? 

Thanks!  

• 4 weeks later...

some minor upgrades/tweaks on the STF

- ESI grips

- Fabric carbon saddle

- 11-46 cassette and KMC gold chain

- 90mm ENVE stem

- Maxxis icon skinwalls

- matching Lezyne flow bottle cage

post-58842-0-37977900-1558157962_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks ... but that chewabakkaakkwe guy is patiently holding a fork for me till otherwise noted

I can't believe he us that patient. Vestwyoy find out what his tipple of choice is and add that to the price.

Then again, reading of his exploits here makes me believe that he thrives on suffering, exhaustion, adrenalin, endorphins and sweat. His own.

I can't believe he us that patient. Vestwyoy find out what his tipple of choice is and add that to the price.

Then again, reading of his exploits here makes me believe that he thrives on suffering, exhaustion, adrenalin, endorphins and sweat. His own.

T'Sek ek se

Maybe when your grandkids are around they'll be able to see this bike finished

who knows .... the only riding I have been doing over the last two months are my daily commutes ... been working through weekends and late into the night.

hahahaha

I have no reason to sell or use the thing, so I'm happy.

I know it will be going to a loving home..... eventually!