SA Customs

TrailWarrior

Same. I had a parcel depart the States on 28 April, arrived in Jo'burg on 3 May, and has been stuck there ever since. Had an update on 3 June ZAJNBA, ZA DEPARTED FROM LOCAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, so hopefully it means it's either being processed, or has been processed. Also having no luck with email communication.

Sitting with same issue.  Parcel left California on 15 April, arrived in JHB a few days later.  Still nothing from SAPO, I'm close to tears.

Which tacking site did you use and did the tracking number change at all when arriving in SA as I know that sometimes happens.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting with same issue.  Parcel left California on 15 April, arrived in JHB a few days later.  Still nothing from SAPO, I'm close to tears.

Which tacking site did you use and did the tracking number change at all when arriving in SA as I know that sometimes happens.

geez!

what shipping service did you use?

geez!

what shipping service did you use?

The quickest that was available from the supplier, which was USPS Express, but unfortunately makes no difference when it hits JIMC it seems.

Hi Iwan, DHL paket is not the DHL express service we all know, its basically regular mail. i know this because the parcel will be handed over to SAPO. This is why i ask how long it might take to "clear" customs

Takes about 2 days to clear customs and then will be shipped to your local mail centre. You should be able to obtain a local tracking number now by contacting your post office.

I am in the same boat here! I ordered an item off Ebay in May and if I check the USPS website, it says that the item left Miami on the 19th of May. It has yet to be scanned in at JIMC and no one can tell me where it is. Anyone have any advise?

I have contacted USPS and they say it has left the country.

I have contacted SAPO for a local tracking number but they say it has not been scanned yet

I have been to my local PO and there is nothing there for me

I am starting to think it may not arrive?

I've been using the DHL site for tracking, but it wasn't DHL courier, just standard AirMail facilitated by DHL. Another hubber mentioned http://www.17track.net and that gave me a fresher update than the DHL site. Until someone from JIMS actually gives you the local tracking number you most likely don't know what's going on, unless the 17Track site converts over to the local tracking number, we'll see what happens.

Takes about 2 days to clear customs and then will be shipped to your local mail centre. You should be able to obtain a local tracking number now by contacting your post office.

i have contact my PO for the local tracking number, still awaiting a response.

i read somewhere that after being cleared by customs it will be then passed onto capemail and then to my local PO, if this is true what are the chances i could intercept the parcel at capemail?

The OP said it wasn't courier, so it won't be expedited.

I am in the same boat here! I ordered an item off Ebay in May and if I check the USPS website, it says that the item left Miami on the 19th of May. It has yet to be scanned in at JIMC and no one can tell me where it is. Anyone have any advise?

I have contacted USPS and they say it has left the country.

I have contacted SAPO for a local tracking number but they say it has not been scanned yet

I have been to my local PO and there is nothing there for me

I am starting to think it may not arrive?

It most likely will, you'll just have to wait it out. Until it actually reaches customs after the processing facility, it won't be picked up on the local system. As you can see many of us have been waiting 6+ weeks, so you're in for the same.

I've been using the DHL site for tracking, but it wasn't DHL courier, just standard AirMail facilitated by DHL. Another hubber mentioned http://www.17track.net and that gave me a fresher update than the DHL site. Until someone from JIMS actually gives you the local tracking number you most likely don't know what's going on, unless the 17Track site converts over to the local tracking number, we'll see what happens.

Thanks.. Tried that site, unfortunately no more info than the USPS site.

Suppose I just have to wait. Sigh.

The OP said it wasn't courier, so it won't be expedited.

It most likely will, you'll just have to wait it out. Until it actually reaches customs after the processing facility, it won't be picked up on the local system. As you can see many of us have been waiting 6+ weeks, so you're in for the same.

So do you think it still hasnt been scanned after nearly a month?

I found a thread on mybroadband.co.za relating to USPS and SAPO.  

Some of the guys on there stated up to 65 days for delivery... So guess we wait.

Absolutely possible, look at my tracking log, mine took a month between arriving in the country and getting into customs:

Destination Country - Cache Time: 2017-06-13 09:39
2017-06-09 06:33 JIMC A AIR LETTERS, Send item to customs
2017-06-09 06:33 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), To Customs
2017-06-03 19:45 JIMC A AIR LETTERS, Receive item at office of exchange
2017-06-03 07:45 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), Incomming International

Origin Country - Cache Time: 2017-06-13 09:34
2017-06-03 21:45 ZAJNBA, ZA, DEPARTED FROM LOCAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
2017-05-07 08:55 ZAJNBA, ZA, DEPARTED FROM LOCAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
2017-05-07 06:55 JIMC A, ZA, ARRIVAL AT DESTINATION COUNTRY – TRACKING UPDATES MAY END HERE, DELIVERY SHORTLY

a week after my parcel left Germany it was scanned in and currently being processed by customs.

something must be up with yours

Absolutely possible, look at my tracking log, mine took a month between arriving in the country and getting into customs:

Destination Country - Cache Time: 2017-06-13 09:39
2017-06-09 06:33 JIMC A AIR LETTERS, Send item to customs
2017-06-09 06:33 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), To Customs
2017-06-03 19:45 JIMC A AIR LETTERS, Receive item at office of exchange
2017-06-03 07:45 JHB INT MAIL CENTRE (HUB), Incomming International

Origin Country - Cache Time: 2017-06-13 09:34
2017-06-03 21:45 ZAJNBA, ZA, DEPARTED FROM LOCAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
2017-05-07 08:55 ZAJNBA, ZA, DEPARTED FROM LOCAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
2017-05-07 06:55 JIMC A, ZA, ARRIVAL AT DESTINATION COUNTRY – TRACKING UPDATES MAY END HERE, DELIVERY SHORTLY

have you contaced your local PO? im sure its there

a week after my parcel left Germany it was scanned in and currently being processed by customs.

something must be up with yours

Might have something to do with country of origin as I ordered something that came from Germany and also only took a week or two to get through SAPO.

Might have something to do with country of origin as I ordered something that came from Germany and also only took a week or two to get through SAPO.

amazing! thanks so much