Fit Chef. Anybody tried it?

Spirog

Body fat percentage would be a better gauge to understand the room for weight loss. 

For sure, but calipers are unreliable, and Dexa and other types of measurement not cheap/readily available. Anyway, it's a guide at best...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just go banting. I just turned 50 and through banting have lost 8kg's in 6 weeks. I now weigh 75 and hope to get down to 72 by the end of March.

what did this do to your endurance / cycling performance?

I tried cutting out carbs about 2 years ago and 2 weeks into the new diet I was down to my worst condition in years

I tried cutting out carbs about 2 years ago and 2 weeks into the new diet I was down to my worst condition in years

+1 

Will start paying attention again when the banters beat me 

Sure - it's not a secret - drop them (Alan) a note - be warned - its not a free service. :)

http://www.performancechef.com/about

They have some example recipes somewhere on the site - try them first.

edit - should have added their fb page too

https://www.facebook.com/performancechef/

Sent him a mail, from what I can gather their pricing starts at around 50 GBP which is on par with what you'd pay for a Nutritionist in SA.

Thanks so much :)

+1 

Will start paying attention again when the banters beat me 

They won't - unless they race on carbs.....

So here's my story.

I'm a roadie who averages 8-10 hours per week on my bike - either my IDT via Zwift or outdoors on weekends.

I do weight training twice a week at the gym.

I am 53 years old. I cook most of my meals myself with good healthy ingredients and limit my saturated fats. I virtually never drink sugary drinks and satisfy my sweet tooth mostly with dark chocolate. I don't have tons of coffee with sugar. I eat lots of fresh fruit and veggies. I drink very little beer, but am partial to a good Scotch (or two) a couple of nights per week.

I weigh around 83 kg and feel like I would be at my fighting weight under 80 kg.

I want to try Fit Chef's 21 Day Challenge to see if it helps me drop the extra 3 or 4 kg quickly. My aim is to do it after Argus in the weeks leading up to the Maluti Double 90.

Does anyone in Hubland have real life experience if the Fit Chef meals and challenge? Do you have any input/advice? Or alternatives?

try day to day - fresh food del to your door on Monday with fresh ingredients for the week till Thursday - 30- 40 min cooking time and the food  is fantastic , lots of flavour and the service is outstanding - been using them over 4 weeks now and eating really good food and well balanced

The first 3-4 weeks you feel like crap with no energy, but if you give it a chance and push through your body adapts to burning fat and you start feeling great.

I cut carbs to practically ZERO for 2 months, then fasted fully (as in calories from coffee only) for a week then posted a wack of strava PRs...

I cut carbs to practically ZERO for 2 months, then fasted fully (as in calories from coffee only) for a week then posted a wack of strava PRs...

How can that be healthy? The fasting part.

As in, you don't eat for a week?? A whole week??

How can that be healthy? The fasting part.

OK, so fasting doesn't necessarily mean nil per mouth... some people fast and cut out meat only... so its semantics a lot of the time. My fast was water, coffee and salt only. It means being in a ketogenic state, and that is a good place to be and seems to be ok for cycling. At least it is for me... YMMV. literally

As in, you don't eat for a week?? A whole week??

no. nada. weight loss not as dramatic as I'd hoped and bathroom visits are strange and infrequent

OK, so fasting doesn't necessarily mean nil per mouth... some people fast and cut out meat only... so its semantics a lot of the time. My fast was water, coffee and salt only. It means being in a ketogenic state, and that is a good place to be and seems to be ok for cycling. At least it is for me... YMMV. literally

Did you have a reasonably high fat percentage when you started the fast?

Also what was your training like at the time?

Weren't you already in a ketogenic state if you had been leaving out carbs for 2 months? 

I really can't see how this is a healthy way to live :/

Could you function optimally at work? And how was your emotional state?

I am studying medicine and there is NO WAY I could function without eating at all for a whole week.  My concentration would go out the window and I would probably kill everyone around me haha

When it comes to meal plans one has to find what works for them...Take this guy. 4000 calories at 2am in the morning and physique wise looks the part...

It's not normal to go from eating badly for years and then making a drastic change and then dramatically losing 'x'kgs in a week or so.

Archived