Houw Hoek MTB Tour 2017

LeoKnight

Got our entries for the Houw Hoek Tour (second year that I am doing it).  It is such a well organised tour (not a race as there is no official timing involved)

Would really recommend if you want to get exposed to some stage racing. 

The Houw Hoek Tour is a non-competitive 2 day MTB stage event. The objective is to give MTB’s and newcomers to multi-stage events (NOT NEWCOMERS TO MTB) the opportunity to enjoy a weekend of scenic, fun and non-competitive riding. However, make sure that you are fit as each of the two stages are approximately 50 km, mostly on gravel roads (including jeep and single tracks) and that you can and love riding single tracks.

Event Dates: 6 & 7 May 2017
Start venue: Houw Hoek Inn, Elgin
1st Finish venue: 6 May – Houw Hoek Inn 
2nd Finish venue: 7 May – Hermanuspietersfontein Winery at Wine Village at the Hermanus & Sandbaai robot intersection

It is probably 80% of Day 2 & 3 of the w2w trails

• 1 month later...

I had to cancel my booking for Botriver Hotel, so if anyone is looking for a room for two persons, contact Marelize

Edited by NoMore Landy

Will be my third one - nice ride, just the queues at the tricky bits that can be a bit tiresome but just accept it and have a chat with anyone friendly in the same boat.

Will be my third one - nice ride, just the queues at the tricky bits that can be a bit tiresome but just accept it and have a chat with anyone friendly in the same boat.

My second one this year and looking forward to it. Hope the weather plays along. This time around might just try and start a bit earlier

Ja I'm also going to try and elbow my way to the front of the second batch I think ... 

My second one this year and looking forward to it. Hope the weather plays along. This time around might just try and start a bit earlier

Looks like we can expect some cool weather.  Very much looking forward to this weekend

Did Paul Cluver red and black on Monday which was very lekker - trails are lovely after the bit of rain there was.

Also looking forward - where I am at the moment I wish they rides were longer although I may reverse my opinion on that one on the day. 

Did Paul Cluver red and black on Monday which was very lekker - trails are lovely after the bit of rain there was.

Also looking forward - where I am at the moment I wish they rides were longer although I may reverse my opinion on that one on the day. 

Riding with someone this weekend, so might just stock up on extra chain links / plugs / bombs if there are some emergencies on the way.

I'm also in for this one, really looking forward to it. Not sure what's going on with the weather prediction though, looks like a cold front is on the way.

Oh no to that cold front, but oh yes to rain for Cape Town.

Will be my first multi stage event and was hoping to not have to plow through mud and rain. But then some say that's the best weather for MTB. So ... we'll see. Getting excited.

Looking forward to HH this weekend...but also lekke nervous. As a relative newbie, this will be a good challenge. Just finish ne!

The Paul Cluver trails are magnificent at the moment. Watch out for the Mamil though... He is the only one who didn't fall on Monday, and he may be overconfident.

My development as a mountain biker goes something like .... crash ... oh i'm getting better at this what fun l, look at me go .... crash ... ouch ... ok getting better again, oh look a PR on full conties down, wow i handled those berms well ... crash ... ok, picking up again, careful now .. whooopeee .... no reason to expect this to change.

There's a section on day 2 just after the dam at the top of hemel and aarde valley that scared me witless last time. Walked it like a wussy .... looking forwardbto riding it this time. .... no crash i hope.

The Paul Cluver trails are magnificent at the moment. Watch out for the Mamil though... He is the only one who didn't fall on Monday, and he may be overconfident.

There's a section on day 2 just after the dam at the top of hemel and aarde valley that scared me witless last time. Walked it like a wussy .... looking forwardbto riding it this time. .... no crash i hope.

I went down there on my motorcycle with a camera man behind me  :eek:  Not sure who had the dirtiest underpants afterwards but we made it out alive :blush: 

My development as a mountain biker goes something like .... crash ... oh i'm getting better at this what fun l, look at me go .... crash ... ouch ... ok getting better again, oh look a PR on full conties down, wow i handled those berms well ... crash ... ok, picking up again, careful now .. whooopeee .... no reason to expect this to change.

:oops: I completely concur with this. My life on a MTB too. But, getting better at it ... slowly. Now just have to keep the adrenaline in check and not over extend. Stay within the skills level. LOL 

This last part getting me nervous. Everyone saying day 2 is a breeze. Now I find the breeze will have some thunderstorms. Should have known. I ride with liars. LOL  :eek:

Can't wait.  :clap: