Do eBikes belong on the mountain?

Bike Hub Features

Hi All

I enjoy the idea of eBikes on the mountain etc. Have ridden one and it was awesome, so easy to go fast :-), however yesterday I participated in a race and there were three eBike entrants (I think).

So... eBikes are great and all but to let them participate in a race with everyone else is ridiculous, yeah I know they are not timed against the normal blokes but hell what a mood breaker it was when you are working your ass off and they just sprint pass you as though it's nothing at all.  I know that this was not only my own opinion at the time as everyone else in the group was complaining, saying they are just show-offs etc.

Not trolling or being a hater but I don't think they belong in race events. Penny for your thoughts?

You can save that penny. Your sentiment about use in races is discussed and basically undisputed in the preceding 30 pages.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Met a guy on Saturday at Tokai on an E-Bike. It was his first time so he asked for a little bit of advice on the trails. Took him around. He promised to ride behind us on the ups which was good etiquette IMO.

Anyway. Had a great ride. Chatted a bit. Rode a few trails. 

He is a total faker tho. He said he's been riding 1 month and he rode the swtchbacks, Snake trails, AM trail and Vasbyt much better than someone who has only been riding 1 month has any right to. 

Met a guy on Saturday at Tokai on an E-Bike. It was his first time so he asked for a little bit of advice on the trails. Took him around. He promised to ride behind us on the ups which was good etiquette IMO.

He is a total faker tho. He said he's been riding 1 month and he rode the swtchbacks, Snake trails, AM trail and Vasbyt much better than someone who has only been riding 1 month has any right to. 

Must be one of those "naturals". I meet "naturals" a lot - okes that "never train" but have 2% body fat and vein snakes all over.

I finally broke down and bought a e-bike. Man was I wrong about them. It was fast and fun and I smashed every KOM I tried for. People yelled at me a bit but now I realise they're just jealous of my expensive bike. This IS the way of the future. Hell I sweated so little I reckon I could use the same chamois again tomorrow!

:offtopic:

Must be one of those "naturals". I meet "naturals" a lot - okes that "never train" but have 2% body fat and vein snakes all over.

I pressed him but he didn't fold. Accused him of being an ex Motocross rider. I guess it's Better to be humble like that than an oke going all over the place claiming to be training 24/7 and a shredder but you never see them out there.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Maybe the e-bike was just a little too heavy and not enough brakes and he had no choice :P

I pressed him but he didn't fold. Accused him of being an ex Motocross rider. I guess it's Better to be humble like that than an oke going all over the place claiming to be training 24/7 and a shredder but you never see them out there.

Good call - in my experience "under promise and over deliver" works better then "brag and blow"!

Good call - in my experience "under promise and over deliver" works better then "brag and blow"!

And that is why I have a happy wife  :ph34r:

SHOTS FIRED, SHOTS FIRED

post-5403-0-44533200-1509962945_thumb.gif

I think its just the e bike advantage - he was probably getting blue tooth route directions in a hidden ear piece while riding and saved so much energy thanks to the motor he could focus far better on riding down the rough stuff.

SHOTS FIRED, SHOTS FIRED

SHOTS FIRED, SHOTS FIRED

Huh?

Was talking about a certain someone who spent more time pushing his bike than riding it on Saturday.

Huh?

Was talking about a certain someone who spent more time pushing his bike than riding it on Saturday.

LOL ok, I got that confused with another story!