Top Posters In This Topic

1 - it has a throttle

2 - doesn't REQUIRE pedalling to operate

That's all that needs saying really.

Looks like it has pedals on it, although maybe they are in case of emergency

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like it has pedals on it, although maybe they are in case of emergency

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

it does, but that's to supplement the engine power and you don't need to use them to propel you. 

Serious question now:

Why is this not a mountain bike?

HTB14PSaRpXXXXalXXXXq6xXFXXXz.jpg

But this is:

specialized-turbo-levo-fsr-comp-6fattie-

I would suggest you go ride any black diamond line with the first bike to find out the answer to your question.

[disclaimer] You do this ENTIRELY at your OWN risk. Have ICE details readily available, as you WILL need them - well, not you, but the person who finds you will need the ICE details...

Serious question now:

Wow, that seat!!!, can you imagine blasting thru rock gardens etc on that comfy seat or even doing big KM rides. I will be able to get off it and not walk like a cowboy!

I love Ebikes. Don't want one now. But one day when I've had my first(or seventh) heart attack and my effort tollerance is down to ****. For now. I'm 30.fit ish. Want to use the body I got. Don't want a boep. Don't ride nearly enough to justify missing out exercise whilst out on the bike. Let's say I'm unemployed after I win the lotto. I'll get the best dh ebike there is... For shuttling. We don't have skilifts. But we do have Ebikes. Problem solved. Engineers make the world go round.

I love Ebikes. Don't want one now. But one day when I've had my first(or seventh) heart attack and my effort tollerance is down to ****. For now. I'm 30.fit ish. Want to use the body I got. Don't want a boep. Don't ride nearly enough to justify missing out exercise whilst out on the bike. Let's say I'm unemployed after I win the lotto. I'll get the best dh ebike there is... For shuttling. We don't have skilifts. But we do have Ebikes. Problem solved. Engineers make the world go round.

Yeah I can get behind a full on DH bike with shuttle assist motor for places like SA.  But don't give me some spiel about a Trail bike that's perfectly pedal-friendly but for the fact that you slapped a 10kg adaptation on to it...to now help you pedal it up.

Serious question now:

But this is:

specialized-turbo-levo-fsr-comp-6fattie-

Easy

One is a scooter with pedal assist, also known as a moped. The other is a mountain bike with pedal assist also known as an e-bike. The one can be cycled on a mountain (hence mountain bike) the other can't.

Or rather

The one can be ridden on a mountain, the other can be ridden on a mountain if you're grade 11 and got drunk at Chantelle's party and you and your mate Dave decide to head out to the viewpoint without shoes or shirts on to talk about Sonja who said she's not coming then showed up with another dude.

Seriously though.

A moped is a scooter with pedal assist to help on long, steep climbs or when you try to get away from standstill. Usually found on woefully underpowered little bikes in developing countries.

Then there is the obvious bits of why Exhibit A can not considered a mountain bike.

http://cdn28.us1.fansshare.com/photograph/andysamberg/still-of-andy-samberg-in-hot-rod-large-picture-hot-1768306980.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ASEXWxCGcP0/T0quQL1Qu2I/AAAAAAAAAus/kVpH7UWOBHU/s1600/vlcsnap-2012-02-26-22h11m35s43.png

I thought e Bikes would solve all proper MTB issues, they always complain they get out climbed by dirt roadies and then sit behind them, when they could be pinning it down hill. 

Now they can out climb a roadie and still pin it like Gwin! Win win Gwin!

The mountain is the only place an ebike belongs.

Straight to the berg with a hiking bag and the location of a dry cave, you wouldn't see me for days.

Do you need a 220V plug point with that cave?