[Event] FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic

Stillwater_MTB_Events

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember to never believe the distance and elevation on the Web...always shorter with less climbing than what I get on my garmin

So um.... pretty spot on

Edited by khayale

Today was my sixth Cramp Monster .I measure my day according to the minutes i stand next to my bike until i can ride again .Today was best yet .Only 5 to 10 minutes  today .Next year again  :eek:

Edited by Blitzer

I'm done. Absolute beast of a route. No place to recover. Rocky loose climbs, and lekker thick sand to control/limit speed on the decends. And those grass polls, I need a dual suspension.

And those short rocky climbs in the last 7km was a good test of my sense of humor...

Having the 30km fun riders join the marathon at 50 km was an absolute disaster, front of A group amongst the back markers of the 30 km made for some unnecessarily hectic crashes for both parties. Stupid oversight from the organizers that ended the day in a bad way for many paying customers .

Great race. Last rode in 2015, when it was 80km. This route is better, shorter doesn't mean easier.

Much more single track, the monster climb descent was on breedts road in 2015, replaced by a single track descent which is much more fun.

i really enjoyed this race, there was a great vibe out there. Thanks to the organizers and other participants for a great day.

I'm done. Absolute beast of a route. No place to recover. Rocky loose climbs, and lekker thick sand to control/limit speed on the decends. And those grass polls, I need a dual suspension.

And those short rocky climbs in the last 7km was a good test of my sense of humor...

Hahahaha! Ja that last bit is the worst! Well done!

Gave one guy 2 bombs, my adapter and my tubeless rapair kit and ask him to bring it back to me after the finish. Told him exactly where I would be. Only to get nothing returned. Not nice

Gave one guy 2 bombs, my adapter and my tubeless rapair kit and ask him to bring it back to me after the finish. Told him exactly where I would be. Only to get nothing returned. Not nice

Not cool. Did he make it to the finish? Maybe he is still in the bush :blink:

First time for me, not brave enough for the long one. Can't believe how sketchy those rocky descends were (my bike threw me in the process, and landed on me afterwards... only thing I could think of lying on my back was to get out of the way before someone else does the same and lands on top of me).

Must agree with Clinton H, I'm a mid-packer and the elites was shouting at us all the time to make way. One of them had a bad fall on the descend as well and broke his collarbone. And then with about 5km or so to go we merged with the 15km riders, some more bad crashes there. We could not really ride any of the tricky bits at the end because everyone was walking which kind of sucked.

Still it was a good day out and the family got to chill at the resort while I was cycling.

Edited by johanpre44

First time for me, not brave enough for the long one. Can't believe how sketchy those rocky descends were (my bike threw me in the process, and landed on me afterwards... only thing I could think of lying on my back was to get out of the way before someone else does the same and lands on top of me).

Must agree with Clinton H, I'm a mid-packer and the elites was shouting at us all the time to make way. One of them had a bad fall on the descend as well and broke his collarbone. And then with about 5km or so to go we merged with the 15km riders, some more bad crashes there. We could not really ride any of the tricky bits at the end because everyone was walking which kind of sucked.

Still it was a good day out and the family got to chill at the resort while I was cycling.

I have to agree. Those rocky descends were not ideal for beginners, with no real place for people walking them to get out of the way.