[Event] Trans Augrabies MTB Stage Race Powered By Redsun Raisins

Trans Augrabies MTB

Event Name: Trans Augrabies MTB Stage Race Powered By Redsun Raisins
When: 16 June 2017 - 18 June 2017
Where: Augrabies Falls National Park, Northern Cape
Category: MTB

The TRANS AUGRABIES MTB STAGE RACE POWERED BY REDSUN RAISINS strives to offer all riders and their families a unique Northern Cape experience, and to introduce them to places and sights they wouldn’t normally see on their own. The route also winds through Riemvasmaak – a fascinating mountain desert wilderness area with a deep 80m granite gorge and warm water baths – home to the rare Verreaux’s Eagle. Day 1 is 90 km, Day 2- 84km and Day 3 is 72 km, and riders can enter one, two or all three stages over different types of terrain, nl. jeep track, gravel roads and single track.

Family and back-up crew will find themselves in the heart of the Open Africa Quiver tree Food & Wine Route and can enjoy a culinary and cultural experience amongst wine cellars, stalls and restaurants where they can spoil themselves to a well deserved spa treatment on the banks of the Orange River.

The race ends at Oranjerus Holiday Resort where riders and their families can have a lovely meal on a wooden deck overlooking the river.

The winner takes home R10 000, and everyone can compete for this prize because of the handicap system that takes age and gender into account. Entries cost R650 pd and there are only 300 entries available.

There is an Unique handicap system to equalize the riding field for all ages and genders.

All meals are optional, but can be ordered on our website. There is a restaurant at Augrabies Falls National Park.

Official Race apparel can be ordered on the website.

Nutritional needs of the riders are kept in mind at the fully stocked water points and meals.

Accommodation – discounted accommodation in the Augrabies Falls National Park, for other please refer to our website.

Go to Event Page

• 1 month later...

Great event in my back yard!

Every day is something different and unique. 

My favourite is day 3, although out-of-towner's enjoy day 1 in Riemvasmaak.

Trails and routes are done by avid local mountain bikers, thank you guys.

We get to ride parts of the route year round.

With the entry prices of the big races, these smaller races is much more appealing and a road trip for the family to explore the beauty of South Africa.

Probably time for me to start training.

Hope to see a few hubbers, kom en ek geniet plattelandse gasvryheid!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jaco

Ek gaan sommer in afrikaans antwoord.

Dik rooi sand of rivier sand...definitief nie kilometers nie, dalk max 100-150m op `n slag,as dit ooit sover is

Genoeg om die bene, longe en hart te laat spike!

Dag 1, dalk een gedeelte wat moeilik is, maar daar is smal gekompakteerde paaidjie, as jy daarop bly is jy golden.

Dag 2 is `n paar rivier lope om te kruis, nie een meer as 50-100m nie, daar is gewoonlik `n smal paadjie, as jy daarvan af ry, dan gaan jy sukkel sonder momentum. 

Dag 3 is daar `n rivierloop, maar die roete word gepak met pallette en is rybaar van die kant waarvan die roete volg, baie klein drop-in op die rivierloop.

Oor die algemeen, ja die roete volg grondpaaie met hier en daar `n sagte sand gedeelte weens gebruik, verloor bietjie momentum,maar niks om oor bekommer te wees of af te skrik nie.

Dit is `n jong event en verbeter jaar op jaar.

• 2 weeks later...

Only 4 weeks left. Entries close this week, the 25 May 2017.

Training did not go as planned and my wife expecting our first child on the Monday...it is going to be an interesting weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

One or two hubbers coming up, for the win!

Safe travels guys!

Our baby came 4 weeks early, I am out but hopefully I do get to see you at the finish.

One or two hubbers coming up, for the win!

Safe travels guys!

Our baby came 4 weeks early, I am out but hopefully I do get to see you at the finish.

Geluk!

• 1 year later...

Are their any hubbers that have done this race that can give me an idea of this race in terms of how technical? How much climbing? How much sand?

Asking for a friend :ph34r:

Are their any hubbers that have done this race that can give me an idea of this race in terms of how technical? How much climbing? How much sand?

Asking for a friend :ph34r:

Also planning to do the race - some info would be nice!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...