I'm new and I need a bike!

Heynrich

So I've started road cycling and extremely excited about it. So now it's time to get a bike.

I've come across two options.

One is a KTM Strada 2000 2012/2013 with a tiarga groupset and Easton ea90 slx wheels. R7.5K

The other is a cannondale caad10 ultegra 2013, with stock setup except the wheelset is Shimano R500s. R9K

Any feedback regarding the different bikes and prices would be much appreciated?

The Cannondale looks to be a good bet, not really familiar with either make, but Ultegra>Tiagra.

Welcome, being a roadie is the better way, even if the Holy Grail of Roadies got cancelled yesterday. . .

Nostra Prima :thumbup:

The Cannondale looks to be a good bet, not really familiar with either make, but Ultegra>Tiagra.

Welcome, being a roadie is the better way, even if the Holy Grail of Roadies got cancelled yesterday. . .

Nostra Prima :thumbup:

Thanks.

Would have been my first race. :mellow:

Still looking forward to my next opportunity. 

Thanks.

Would have been my first race. :mellow:

Still looking forward to my next opportunity. 

Don't stress, next year it will happen.

Look at it as a good opportunity to get a better seeding and actually start before the Pros finish. . . 

Luckily you are blessed with opportunities in the Western Cape, so use them to your advantage!

Cannondale with ultegra all the way  :thumbup:

Can always upgrade the wheels at a later stage - those shimano R500s are bulletproof training wheels.

Welcome!

What size are you looking for?  

I went straight for carbon  frame and replaced parts as i could afford them. I have a Planet x superlight pro carbon with a campy chorus 10 speed groupset in mint condition.  Loathed to sell but would rather sell to a newbie interested in becoming a roadie.  see ad in the classifieds. 

I got given a brand new frame in december and just finished building the new bike, hence up for sale.  I am in ct if you want to have a look.  If i think you are deserving and the size is right, I will negotiate a good deal for you.

cheers

Gary 

Cannondale!!! It will also be easier to sell if you decide to go carbon, although you can't go wrong with a Caad frame!

Well, I'll throw a vote for the KTM.   :ph34r:

Just kidding.  Between the two options mentioned I'd definitely agree with the others so far that the Cannondale is easily the better choice.