Amashova 2017

Duane_Bosch

Ok so who's doing it etc?

After the CTCT disappointment I'm looking for another "highlight of my cycling year" and this looks a likely option.

Thoughts? 

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As this is now on the proper thread, I would like to recommend this again!

Great organisation, great views, great climbing. 

There is no such thing as flat road though haha, it's either up or down, with the exception of the last 2 or 3 km in Durban itself.

I've also discussed this with the other half and looks like I'll be signing up for this one. There'll be space on a roofrack for anyone looking for a return, should I go.

As this is now on the proper thread, I would like to recommend this again!

Great organisation, great views, great climbing. 

There is no such thing as flat road though haha, it's either up or down, with the exception of the last 2 or 3 km in Durban itself.

It is more down than up though. But yes, dont underestimate this race.

It is more down than up though. But yes, dont underestimate this race.

True, but it's definitely not all downhill to Durban!

Would love to enter but compared to argus cut off times, how is it? Last yr i took about 6hrs with argus on my mtb. Also is it recomended to drive or fly down with my bike. Bit scared the bike might damage

Did my first Shova last year - the race itself is great and proper fun. But don't underestimate it. The descends are fast and flowing and the race is worth it just for them.

There is not as much activity at the start and finish as typically 947 so you tend to go-race-go home/hotel/wherever. Number collection is also just that - there is/was no expo etc really. Only a small room where you could get some last minute stuff and like T-Shirts.

Tour of Durban is gonna be a great trip also - looking forward to that...

These guys Shova, are going to do VERY well this year.

With many CT folk being willing to travel up.

the argus may just loose a few local entrants to the shova.

This race is a no brainer............ great ride... awesome views in the mountains....... don't for 1 minute think it's downhill to Durbs...... was my first last year.... won't miss it!

so it would seem that the winners time of the One Tonner (1T) will again be hectically adjusted this year with all the top seeded okes doing this race..... :( wish I didn't love the 1T this much

Great race but the road surface in the middle part of the race is super sketchy - bring your climbing legs

Archived