[Event] Emperors Palace Classic

News bot

That's strange. I was put into EL with a 41 seeding. But I'm going to drop to the shorter one at registration. Not ready for 98 km yet.

IL with a 11.08 seeding ???

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the email .. HL it is .. At least I won't be red lining all the way like usual .. Lets do this ;)

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I dunno how all this seeding works - all i know is that in my 2nd race ever im in HL.

My biggest problem is not the entry fee for a race. That's said if the price is higher than most you do expect that the overall organizing of the event will be great, safety will be excellent, etc but currently or the past year ASG is failing in it and I are hesitant to enter any ASG event. I'm a pro ASG supporter but also not here to throw my money into the water

Also skipping Emperors and will rather do Cycle 100 or something like that. 

If only I had known this. Ow well, next time!

Normally with ASG. If you register you will receive an sms and on the list that you entered but at the registration they will let you know that no payment was made. I normally follow this route as it gives me the option not to do the race or I did not loose any money if I do get injured or sick before the race. 

Meant to reply to this in my post above.

EL batch with a 45.8 index. Pretty sure i'm gonna get dropped badly!! super unfit this year

ASG emailed to say they will bump me up at no collection ... crossing fingers, cos in the past the excuse was always that the bunches are full. 

:unsure:  :stupid:

ASG has made the mistake of using MTB seeding instead of Road seeding before for the Sattelite race. So they could be making the same mistake again.

Yasssssssss.....

Okay so yesterday I remembered that the Emperors Classic is actually this weekend and, as some serious post-AGHAS blues made me forget to enter, I headed off to the website to find the late-entry info...

I'm still chocking on my coffee…and it took me approximately 7 seconds to be cured of my untimely FOMO...

I’m not a moungat (no, really!) but plainly put, there is no way in heaven that I will pay half a grand (R415 entry, R60 late entry penalty) to do a non-road closure event, through the Mieliedriehoek, presented by a company who is said to sometimes battle to maintain high event standards. Granted, the R60 odd bucks for the late entry is my bad but there is just no way that the product can justify the price here.

Sunday will see me do a Suikerbosrand loop or 2 with a proper brekkie and some beers afterwards, with a few coins left to contribute to my Amashova kitty…

Pity though, I heard Emperors is a lekke one…

Edited by Karooryder

Can one collect your race number on race day?

I dont think so

I see a couple of people asked on Facebook and they only replied with the Thursday, Friday & Saturday details

Had a chat with one of the people in the race office, and if you do late entry, the highest they'll seed you is DL. No way I can bump that up with an ASG seeding of 7.11?!