[Event] Emperors Palace Classic

News bot

Yasssssssss.....

Okay so yesterday I remembered that the Emperors Classic is actually this weekend and, as some serious post-AGHAS blues made me forget to enter, I headed off to the website to find the late-entry info...

I'm still chocking on my coffee…and it took me approximately 7 seconds to be cured of my untimely FOMO...

I’m not a moungat (no, really!) but plainly put, there is no way in heaven that I will pay half a grand (R415 entry, R60 late entry penalty) to do a non-road closure event, through the Mieliedriehoek, presented by a company who is said to sometimes battle to maintain high event standards. Granted, the R60 odd bucks for the late entry is my bad but there is just no way that the product can justify the price here.

Sunday will see me do a Suikerbosrand loop or 2 with a proper brekkie and some beers afterwards, with a few coins left to contribute to my Amashova kitty…

Pity though, I heard Emperors is a lekke one…

That's ASG for you. But they will survive because a lot of people will still pay. They might not agree with the steep price but they still pay. I am sometime one of them, I did most of their races at the end of last year. I didn't want to pay but needed to race so you maar put it in dry and pay. Even though this one is 8km from home I will be giving it a miss as I don't need to race right now. I always enjoyed this race as I don't climb well so it suits me :thumbup:

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's ASG for you. But they will survive because a lot of people will still pay. They might not agree with the steep price but they still pay. I am sometime one of them, I did most of their races at the end of last year. I didn't want to pay but needed to race so you maar put it in dry and pay. Even though this one is 8km from home I will be giving it a miss as I don't need to race right now. I always enjoyed this race as I don't climb well so it suits me [emoji106]

Nee man .. I was looking forward to a hiding from you again.lol

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Guys, help please. My race nr was mistanly picked up by hell knows who. What can I do now? Race tel nr not answering.

Guys, help please. My race nr was mistanly picked up by hell knows who. What can I do now? Race tel nr not answering.

Email Ilse... She will respond . addy is on the asg emperors page .

Share your no in case that person is on here and can check . inpicked up 5 .. But they all correct

The nr is VA244 so if someone mistakenly picked it up please let me know. Emailed Ilse so lets see...

Otherwise I'll make my own race nr... ????

The nr is VA244 so if someone mistakenly picked it up please let me know. Emailed Ilse so lets see...

Otherwise I'll make my own race nr... [emoji16]

You paid.. And you licenced legally.. I don't see a problem.. Whispering voice

MTB is going to be muddy, we did part of the course a few weeks back and it was overgrown in parts, hopefully they have done some work on it. 

So while getting my bike ready this evening I realized I forgot to collect my race number. Anyone know if you can collect in the morning? I mailed Ilse and tried to call but no answer to my call. Really hope I don't miss the race coz of that!

That's ASG for you. But they will survive because a lot of people will still pay. They might not agree with the steep price but they still pay. I am sometime one of them, I did most of their races at the end of last year. I didn't want to pay but needed to race so you maar put it in dry and pay. Even though this one is 8km from home I will be giving it a miss as I don't need to race right now. I always enjoyed this race as I don't climb well so it suits me :thumbup:

2km from my house, but no ways I’m paying that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So while getting my bike ready this evening I realized I forgot to collect my race number. Anyone know if you can collect in the morning? I mailed Ilse and tried to call but no answer to my call. Really hope I don't miss the race coz of that!

Unless you are in one of the licensed cats (Elite, VA etc.) just print you number in a big font with word.

Yasssssssss.....

Okay so yesterday I remembered that the Emperors Classic is actually this weekend and, as some serious post-AGHAS blues made me forget to enter, I headed off to the website to find the late-entry info...

I'm still chocking on my coffee…and it took me approximately 7 seconds to be cured of my untimely FOMO...

I’m not a moungat (no, really!) but plainly put, there is no way in heaven that I will pay half a grand (R415 entry, R60 late entry penalty) to do a non-road closure event, through the Mieliedriehoek, presented by a company who is said to sometimes battle to maintain high event standards. Granted, the R60 odd bucks for the late entry is my bad but there is just no way that the product can justify the price here.

Sunday will see me do a Suikerbosrand loop or 2 with a proper brekkie and some beers afterwards, with a few coins left to contribute to my Amashova kitty…

Pity though, I heard Emperors is a lekke one…

As a rule I will also not be screwed by ASG and won't do any of their events .