[Event] Emperors Palace Classic

News bot

Why do people who think ASG charge to much go to such lengths to let every one else know this is the case? Bad case of FOMO?

Long time no see dude .. Say hi tomorrow . have a good race peeps

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to the few hubbers doing Emperors, especially the newbies - have fun.

Time to head out for some fun in the alphabet groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played Hynena today on the short route, we rode from behind and helped with punctures and other technical's. Saw the remnants of at least 4 crashes including one at the Hyperama, though oddly this was on the opposite side of the road before the groups returned. Plenty of marshals and metro officials. Gripe goes to the guys in 2nd BL bunch who came past screaming at the shorter route riders riding 2 abreast to keep left while they were 4/5 abreast.  

Played Hynena today on the short route, we rode from behind and helped with punctures and other technical's. Saw the remnants of at least 4 crashes including one at the Hyperama, though oddly this was on the opposite side of the road before the groups returned. Plenty of marshals and metro officials. Gripe goes to the guys in 2nd BL bunch who came past screaming at the shorter route riders riding 2 abreast to keep left while they were 4/5 abreast.

I don't know why BL were so obnoxious , and they were the chase bunch , nowhere near challenging a win. Sighhhh.. I just went around them.. I mean they also paid.lol

I don't know why BL were so obnoxious , and they were the chase bunch , nowhere near challenging a win. Sighhhh.. I just went around them.. I mean they also paid.lol

Had it from a group of about 20 riders. Appeared to be mix BL and CL. Tried to force me and a kid further left - we were already in the emergency lane. The poor kid got quite nervous. Not very nice guys.

In addition, another rant. Saw some litter, bit less than other races.

However came up on a guy from the short route whou blatantly through a wrapper in the bush. We were less than 300 metres from a water point. Called him out on it and asked why he just through it. He got very aggressive towards me. Decided to let it go as don't want to get into fights.

Took a bit away from an otherwise great race. Rode 10 minutes faster than my goal, so otherwise happy.

In addition, another rant. Saw some litter, bit less than other races.

However came up on a guy from the short route whou blatantly through a wrapper in the bush. We were less than 300 metres from a water point. Called him out on it and asked why he just through it. He got very aggressive towards me. Decided to let it go as don't want to get into fights.

Took a bit away from an otherwise great race. Rode 10 minutes faster than my goal, so otherwise happy.

Saw this post and thought of this image...

post-1372-0-49951500-1522008598_thumb.jpg

Edited by Frosty

This being my second race, it was very enjoyable. I managed a 2h47, I started in HL and off we went. About 10km into the race my cousin got severe cramps and so we backed off the tempo quite considerably and then I had a marshal stop me at an intersection however no traffic went passed so that was very annoying but nevertheless im sure the motorists abused them the whole day.

after about 10km of recovery riding my cuz came right and we were able to increase the tempo and so we set off, we were caught by a rather large group led by the Kia Bethlehem team, before I continue, I just wanted to thank the guys for pulling us all the way to the end - they worked the whole way thru and were rather exceptional on the flat sections. 

Looking forward to the next ride out.

keep safe guys

danny

Got a late entry and the lady was kind enough to slot me into BL.

Nice fast start as always.

One guy fall very hard just before Emperors, he nearly went into a cone, missed it but then lost control. He was up on his feet in a flash..luckily didnt take anyone down with him.

Got caught out AGAIN by the turn just before Heidelberg.

Small bunch of about 10 formed and we tried to get back but couldn't catch the main bunch again.

We stayed together all the way home. Thought CL would catch us but they didnt.

Came home in 2h38.

Was definitely not us swearing or shouting at the slower guys, we weaved through them and they mostly stayed to the left of the road.

Got a late entry and the lady was kind enough to slot me into BL.

Nice fast start as always.

One guy fall very hard just before Emperors, he nearly went into a cone, missed it but then lost control. He was up on his feet in a flash..luckily didnt take anyone down with him.

Got caught out AGAIN by the turn just before Heidelberg.

Small bunch of about 10 formed and we tried to get back but couldn't catch the main bunch again.

We stayed together all the way home. Thought CL would catch us but they didnt.

Came home in 2h38.

Was definitely not us swearing or shouting at the slower guys, we weaved through them and they mostly stayed to the left of the road.

Sorry, that would be my doing... the pace was kept high, on purpose, to split the bunch. A few of the guys helping with the pace were up for the challenge to go as hard as possible until after the turn. 

Main BL bunch did occasionally shout at the 48Km riders to keep left - but nothing excessive, and nothing rude. The biggest problem was 48Km riders wanting to join in at the front of BL - and I spoke to a few of them and asked that they're welcome, but to sit at the back.

We caught the vet ladies that were dropped from the main ladies peloton at Barry Marais, despite a 10 minute head start, and then caught the leading ladies on Yaldwin. Lots of complaints from the dropped bunch of about 10 ladies... they wanted their own race, rightly so, but having been dropped by the main peloton it was pretty much race over for them. It must have been a nightmare for the leading ladies and officials to judge their race amidst the chaos of everyone sprinting for 381st place going up Jones. 

Saw a guy with broken handle bar come in with scars from fall. Hope you Ok looked like the shoulder was real eina.

Curious to know if handle bar caused the fall or broke in the fall?

Anyone know what was the number that took part compared to previous years, because the field seemed smaller?

Edited by RFC311

Sorry, that would be my doing... the pace was kept high, on purpose, to split the bunch. A few of the guys helping with the pace were up for the challenge to go as hard as possible until after the turn. 

Main BL bunch did occasionally shout at the 48Km riders to keep left - but nothing excessive, and nothing rude. The biggest problem was 48Km riders wanting to join in at the front of BL - and I spoke to a few of them and asked that they're welcome, but to sit at the back.

We caught the vet ladies that were dropped from the main ladies peloton at Barry Marais, despite a 10 minute head start, and then caught the leading ladies on Yaldwin. Lots of complaints from the dropped bunch of about 10 ladies... they wanted their own race, rightly so, but having been dropped by the main peloton it was pretty much race over for them. It must have been a nightmare for the leading ladies and officials to judge their race amidst the chaos of everyone sprinting for 381st place going up Jones. 

Hahaha thanks Frosty, no need to say sorry. It was my own fault, was caught napping and should have been more towards the middle of the bunch approaching that turn.

Who was in front as we turned right just after Carnival? Pace was insane for a good 2 or 3 km before it calmed down again for a bit.

Edited by Escapee..

Anyone know what was the number that took part compared to previous years, because the field seemed smaller?

1912 both male and female competitors 

1912 both male and female competitors 

That's for the 98 route, total entries is 2432

2017 was 2713 for 98 and 674 for 48, total 3387, that's almost a decline of 1000 riders. 

Riding to the start I saw many riders including large groups opting for training rides rather than enter for whatever reason.

Edited by scotty