Ironman 2018 - PE

clivem

Enjoy taper week folks , driving down to PE Thursday morning ,it can come any faster now ,

id love to fast forward and just get there now.

save travels to all the Hubbers traveling down to PE

WERE THE MIND GOES THE BODY WILL FOLLOW 

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaper #320

LurkerZA  #435

CBlake #776

ScottC-M #950

Craai #966

Davey Jones #1028

Jakopregop #1045

Morne Heystek #1228

David #1534

IceCreamMan #1616

Thanks!

Shaper #320

LurkerZA #435

CBlake #776

ScottC-M #950

Craai #966

Davey Jones #1028

Jakopregop #1045

Morne Heystek #1228

David #1534

IceCreamMan #1616

Gonna be a long long day for me. But gonna love it

Ironic Icecreamman is last. Kinda how it’s going to end.

Edited by IceCreamMan

#1645 : Finish having enjoyed it!

Shaper #320

LurkerZA  #435

CBlake #776

ScottC-M #950

Craai #966

Davey Jones #1028

Jakopregop #1045

Morne Heystek #1228

David #1534

IceCreamMan #1616

Shaper #320

LurkerZA #435

CBlake #776

ScottC-M #950

Craai #966

Davey Jones #1028

Jakopregop #1045

Morne Heystek #1228

David #1534

IceCreamMan #1616

Goal time sub 11:30

Edited by ADe

Added a few in:

Shaper #320

LurkerZA  #435

Cycling Major #741

CBlake #776

ScottC-M #950

Craai #966

Davey Jones #1028

Jakopregop #1045

Morne Heystek #1228

Ade #1363

David #1534

IceCreamMan #1616

Clivem #1645

Does anyone know where to get disposable(shedable) long sleeve tops for the run?  Its apparently quite chilly at night and want something to put in my special needs bag i dont mind loosing should I not take that bag for some reason.

I know I could just use a cheap shirt but would also like to know for later when I do running races in the cold.

Preferably something see through.

Does anyone know where to get disposable(shedable) long sleeve tops for the run?  Its apparently quite chilly at night and want something to put in my special needs bag i dont mind loosing should I not take that bag for some reason.

I know I could just use a cheap shirt but would also like to know for later when I do running races in the cold.

Make sure you have lots of warm clothes for when you finish, once you stop you body starts to shut down from the fatigue and if the wind is blowing, it is freezing!!... make sure you got plenty of warm clothes to put on. 

Make sure you have lots of warm clothes for when you finish, once you stop you body starts to shut down from the fatigue and if the wind is blowing, it is freezing!!... make sure you got plenty of warm clothes to put on. 

Thanks for the tip

Just put in a normal top in your special needs bag, the special needs bag collections are after Aid Station #4, so you have 4 chance to grab it if you need it.  Even if you don't feel cold you can grab just it on your last lap and tie it round your waist for the last 3/4km of the run if you don't want to lose it.

Just put in a normal top in your special needs bag, the special needs bag collections are after Aid Station #4, so you have 4 chance to grab it if you need it. Even if you don't feel cold you can grab just it on your last lap and tie it round your waist for the last 3/4km of the run if you don't want to lose it.

This is the right answer.

I have always asked for my run bag. It does cool down. Pop a long sleeve shirt in it.

I also use arm warmers on cycle to keep out the sun an take these on the run with me

My first time doing IM, but I plan to buy a long sleeve T from Ackermans/Mr P/Jet and put it in my run bag.  90% chance I'll need it on the run, but if not then IM will donate it to someone who really needs it on a daily basis