Ironman 2018 - PE

clivem

It does impact the entire family, and each athlete needs the support of his/her spouse. My hubby supports me 100%. He will even drive me to races, help with packing/unpacking gear, make dinner when I am too tired to even think, etc. They really are the unsung heroes in this crazy pursuit.

This is so true, when I met my wife (1985ish?)she was not really into sports and such, but she supported me 100% all the way. Would not be possible without this support, and believe me it is not easy for supporting spouses as there is a lot of s h I t they have to put up with and do.....

Hell she even tried a few duathlons, Triathlons and mtb, road cycle races herself... and finally settled on road running achieving 5 comrades and who knows how many marathons etc.... along the way

Makes me proud to see what she achieved ????

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I met my wife she was a keen cyclist having completed a number of races including numerous 94.7 aN Argus events. I was a couch potato. Slowly I brought her down to my level an then I had a mid lifer an thought tri is good, couch is bad. She has done a few sprints and half marathons but nothing too serious. She genuinely loves being a supporter esp at IM. She gets caught up in the whole vibe aN has a great day out. 2018 was essentially her idea to go there an me doing it. Glad I did.

Yip, those married with a spouse not into the sport puts strain on a relationship. The hours an other issues like not being able to stay out late or declining invites cos of training etc. when we get to the red carpet nothing else matters but our spouses also sacrifice for us to be there. Whether it be time, money etc make no mistake they sacrifice too.

My IM medals I give too family, 2018 was by far the biggest medal. I gave it to my lovely wife.

When I met my wife she was a keen cyclist having completed a number of races including numerous 94.7 aN Argus events. I was a couch potato. Slowly I brought her down to my level an then I had a mid lifer an thought tri is good, couch is bad. She has done a few sprints and half marathons but nothing too serious. She genuinely loves being a supporter esp at IM. She gets caught up in the whole vibe aN has a great day out. 2018 was essentially her idea to go there an me doing it. Glad I did.

Yip, those married with a spouse not into the sport puts strain on a relationship. The hours an other issues like not being able to stay out late or declining invites cos of training etc. when we get to the red carpet nothing else matters but our spouses also sacrifice for us to be there. Whether it be time, money etc make no mistake they sacrifice too.

My IM medals I give too family, 2018 was by far the biggest medal. I gave it to my lovely wife.

My wife occasionally mocks me because I’ve not done comrades, and then I say not for that little medal.....

Disclaimer: not distracting from the magnitude of finishing comrades

Come train with us. Lots of support, **** talk and general (fun) trouble with the team at Troisports. All levels are welcome. Makes the journey even better. 

Bunch of Hooligans you lot :thumbup: ...will definitely think about it for long rides etc.  

• 4 weeks later...

@shaper and @svan and any other AWA guys

Have any of you guys got your AWA stickers and whatnot yet?

or is it also in customs with the East London finishers shirts?

@shaper and @svan and any other AWA guys

Have any of you guys got your AWA stickers and whatnot yet?

or is it also in customs with the East London finishers shirts?

Nope nothing as of yet !!... was bronze last year, silver this year... so hoping it does arrive.... as working on the full collection ;)

• 1 month later...
Lucy Charles broke a 10-year Roth women’s swim split record with a 46:48 mark that was faster than Paul Schuster’s best men’s mark by 2:26. She was followed by Alicia Kaye of the U.S. (51:01), Lucie Zelenkova of the Czech Republic (51:02), Sämmler (54:43), and Van Vlerken (56:20). 

Nice to see Lucie's name in there.