Ironman 2018 - PE

clivem

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi..I struggle with the last 2 weeks in taper.

Similar to 70.3 earlier the year, i get SO many excuses NOT to train. Doing a super taper again. This is purely mental now.

I do have a tired body after Two Oceans, but i did a LSD for Two Oceans, so I am just making excuses to myself.

So with my SUPER taper, I am hoping for a 13hr this year! 2015 - 14h50, 2016 14h04. This year i have the marathon legs as well as cycling, basically doubled my training in the last 4 months compared to 2016.

Holding thumbs for a beautiful day! No planning to tri-bike in 2018 again after IMSA :eek: Looking forward for a 2 year break from Tri's

2016 I did a 14:03 iirc.

RACE WEEK... let the preparations and nerves begin!! ;)

At least the weather is looking perfect !! https://www.yr.no/place/South_Africa/Eastern_Cape/Port_Elizabeth/long.html

Sunday15/04/2018

02:00–08:00 Cloudy. 18° 0 mm vindpil.0025.090.s.pngLight breeze, 2 m/s from east

08:00–14:00 Clear sky. 17° 0 mm vindpil.0025.000.s.pngLight breeze, 2 m/s from north

14:00–20:00 Partly cloudy. 23° 0 mm vindpil.0050.095.s.pngGentle breeze, 5 m/s from east

20:00–02:00 Partly cloudy. 21° 0 mm vindpil.0075.085.s.pngModerate breeze, 7 m/s from east

Edited by shaper

Stupid question time. If I put gas bombs in my luggage on aeroplane is that ok?

The last time I flew we were only allowed 2 in our hand luggage and be careful when 'describing' it to the security :whistling:

One of my mates forgot his in his luggage and was called to security to remove them and get a talking to...

For all the hassle, buy at the expo.

Stupid question time. If I put gas bombs in my luggage on aeroplane is that ok?

Shouldn't be a problem wrt "exploding", but security might take them off you. Hide them in your luggage, or just get some at the expo.

Very excited for everyone doing the race this weekend! Enjoy the taper week, as well as the anticipation leading up to Sunday. It is part of the journey, so just experience it and enjoy it. Rooting for all of you guys.

Remember to post your race no's for the tracking!

Shaper #320

LurkerZA  #435

CBlake #776

ScottC-M #950

Craai #966

Davey Jones #1028

Jakopregop #1045

Morne Heystek #1228

David #1534

IceCreamMan #1616