Tshwane Classic

Vetplant

I think someone mentioned on this thread that you can collect race number on race day.

This true?

Yes it is true. Even at the Satellite, they had this option... it just cannot be advertised, as they do not want people to pitch at the venue and end up complaining after. They had only one lady helping at the Satellite one.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming traffic getting into/out of the Monument is a nightmare, what are the chances we could park across the road at the "Heartfelt Arena"? Could be another option. 

Assuming traffic getting into/out of the Monument is a nightmare, what are the chances we could park across the road at the "Heartfelt Arena"? Could be another option. 

Could work if you can go up Eeufees past Monument entrance (from N14).  After the race just leave through Voortrekkerhoogte and get on N14 from Snake Valley Road.

Yes it is true. Even at the Satellite, they had this option... it just cannot be advertised, as they do not want people to pitch at the venue and end up complaining after. They had only one lady helping at the Satellite one.

cool. Thx

Yes it is true but only for the open groups. For the licensed riders you must collect your number registration and can't collect on the day of the event

I am down with flu so now have an entry available in BM @ 7h35 if anyone is interested.

From site:

No cyclist may use another person’s cycling number.
If you are unable to ride, someone may take your place with a letter of authorization from you.
Your entry fee will not be refunded and the substitute participant will be required to pay a fee of R60 over and above the applicable entry fee.
Distance changes will be treated as a substitution.
No substitutions will be allowed on race day, regardless of circumstance.
Your entry fee will not be refunded.

I am down with flu so now have an entry available in BM @ 7h35 if anyone is interested.

0825578115 on whatsapp

From site:

No cyclist may use another person’s cycling number.
If you are unable to ride, someone may take your place with a letter of authorization from you.
Your entry fee will not be refunded and the substitute participant will be required to pay a fee of R60 over and above the applicable entry fee.
Distance changes will be treated as a substitution.
No substitutions will be allowed on race day, regardless of circumstance.
Your entry fee will not be refunded.

Getting a little nervous about the speed we're going to fly up Wonderboom nek and the short amount of time to recover before doing it again at Tom Jenkins.

I predict a new Max HR for most riders.

Yes it is true but only for the open groups. For the licensed riders you must collect your number registration and can't collect on the day of the event

Morning bud. You riding?

Getting a little nervous about the speed we're going to fly up Wonderboom nek and the short amount of time to recover before doing it again at Tom Jenkins.

I predict a new Max HR for most riders.

So not being from PTA and I don't know if I have ridden these roads before, What are we in for? Have been really considering new gearing after reading all these messages. Am currently running 44/56 blades up front and a 28/11 cluster. On hekpoort we could have done with a slightly easier gear, we coped but just lost the break we were with and had to chase like mad to catch on the decent. While our tandem is currently set up with 2 blades up front we do have the option to add a "granny gear". Am considering looking for the biggest granny gear we can fit and then putting a 23/11 cluster as it seems we can't get a shimano cluster that has bigger than a 28 and still has an 11 at the bottom. If I can get a 36 or 38 granny gear I think it will be ok.

So not being from PTA and I don't know if I have ridden these roads before, What are we in for? Have been really considering new gearing after reading all these messages. Am currently running 44/56 blades up front and a 28/11 cluster. On hekpoort we could have done with a slightly easier gear, we coped but just lost the break we were with and had to chase like mad to catch on the decent. While our tandem is currently set up with 2 blades up front we do have the option to add a "granny gear". Am considering looking for the biggest granny gear we can fit and then putting a 23/11 cluster as it seems we can't get a shimano cluster that has bigger than a 28 and still has an 11 at the bottom. If I can get a 36 or 38 granny gear I think it will be ok.

I'm not a pro when in comes to gear ratio's on Tandems unfortunately, If you have a 36/38 then maybe put it on. 

I get out of the saddle for 50% of the climb as its a bit to steep to sit through if that is any indication. 

HTFU!

:-)

What about changing your 44 to a 39?

An aside: a granny gear? A 3rd chainwheel, or a cassette sprocket?

It's STEEP believe me! Fortunately not very long. The worst bit is the first third maybe. We did a "test" on the tandem and with fairly fresh legs it was hard - down to 9km/h at one point. We run 52/39 up front and an 11/32 cassette, we used the 39/32.

See you on the line........

Archived