Knysna Cycle Tour

Super Sywurm

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the N2/Barrington/Karatara/N2 loop the groups will have to cross each other. How will this be done?

Cones in the road traffic stopped and you make a U turn

Anyone receive a race number and start time even though they didn’t enter? Slightly confused

Thats some good gorilla marketing!

Get in the car, drive, ride!

On the N2/Barrington/Karatara/N2 loop the groups will have to cross each other. How will this be done?

I assume you are talking about once the T junction to Katara, unless we turn left on arrival and then come back straight, you are right, does sound like an oversight.

Thats some good gorilla marketing!

Get in the car, drive, ride!

Bit far from Durban especially that I don't own a road bike, haha. 

Not sure if anyone can substitute 'my entry'. 

If anyone wants my race number to try, drop me a PM. It's for the 104km.

Interested to find out how people enjoved the road and mtb races,numbers were difinately down from last year and the venue for registration was not suitable although I had no problems registering that went off flawlessly but cannot understand why it was moved from the sports fields just seems  bit disjointed    

Interested to find out how people enjoved the road and mtb races,numbers were difinately down from last year and the venue for registration was not suitable although I had no problems registering that went off flawlessly but cannot understand why it was moved from the sports fields just seems bit disjointed

Was venue not changed because of expected weather!?

I last did the 50km mtb in 2012, 99% jeep track last 1km or two some ST.

This year some more ST mostly the first half. I rode with a buddy and enjoyed the route overall. Waterpoints not as well stocked as the road event. Light drizzle 2-3 times during the race.

Sunday I took the mtb out to buffels baai turnoff, back via rheenendal rd, down phantom pass.

It's more of a family wknd for me.

Worst part was taking 9 hrs home after 2 trucks collided on the N2 in Grabouw, eventually turning around coming home via kleinmond & Clarence drive.

Race itself good. It's a fun route with epic views. Pity about numbers but organisers did well with routes....both road and mtb.

closures will help and perhaps minimize routes crossing each other specifically in the mtb race...some anxious moments when the 80km front group crossed paths with 30km with the 80km group on a descent

Lekker town with epic routes for races...will remain a favorite of mine

Edited by Gav1

Race itself good. It's a fun route with epic views. Pity about numbers but organisers did well with routes....both road and mtb.

closures will help and perhaps minimize routes crossing each other specifically in the mtb race...some anxious moments when the 80km front group crossed paths with 30km with the 80km group on a descent

Lekker town with epic routes for races...will remain a favorite of mine

Did the 80km mtb and the road race only gripes I have is to much gravel road otherwise really enjoyed the st and rough jeep tracks in the forest ,water points were a little disappointing I believe the anchor sponsor pick n pay has pulled out so maybe that explains some of the changes to the event   

What’s happening with the results on the Road Race atleast 3 odd times according to Racetec results sheet.

What’s the expected Beta Score