[Event] The 36ONE MTB Challenge 2018

Tanya De Abreu Fernandes

Not a good way to end your race, did you try and use a gator and tube?

put some gorilla tape on the inside followed by a tube, but the tube kept coming through the hole

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Howzit guys, just entered for the 180km - will be my longest race to date, so very keen!

Couple of questions for those that have done it before...

- The start and finish of the 180km is in different places, if I park my car at the finish line, how do I get to the start? Is there some sort of shuttle?

- Is there camping available at the finish? I'd like to come through Fri afternoon and camp the Fri and Sat night. If there is camping available, where do I book? PS I can bring my own tent if need be.

Howzit guys, just entered for the 180km - will be my longest race to date, so very keen!

Couple of questions for those that have done it before...

- The start and finish of the 180km is in different places, if I park my car at the finish line, how do I get to the start? Is there some sort of shuttle?

- Is there camping available at the finish? I'd like to come through Fri afternoon and camp the Fri and Sat night. If there is camping available, where do I book? PS I can bring my own tent if need be.

Phone kleinplaas to book a camping spot

Not aware of a shuttle service

• 3 weeks later...

Funny or not, I have been placed on the waiting list - anyone with an available entry? 

are you kdding me? are entries really sold out already? If so don't worry there will be plenty for sale closer to the time when reality sets in.

135 days to go! And a change in course......well change in water points.

See the 1st one is at 36km and not 53km like last year...& CP1 was at 83km last year.....

WP1 36 CP1 63 WP3 90 WP4 126 WP5 152 CP2 183 WP7 216 WP8 252 CP3 280 WP10 310 WP11 338 Finish 361 

Going to be lekker!!  :clap:

100 days....how's the training going? Happy holidays are over and time to dust of the bike.

training is progressing well (I hope)

base was done over Nov/Dec with HAB as par of my base.

training program officially started 31 December with an FTP test.

Blue Line is tracking nicely, can't wait for next weeks "recovery"

post-38473-0-21732800-1515584980_thumb.jpg

300km done so far for the month (3300m elev).

2 more long rides planned (120 & 140 respectively) then start recovery for Midnight Express

training is progressing well (I hope)

base was done over Nov/Dec with HAB as par of my base.

training program officially started 31 December with an FTP test.

Blue Line is tracking nicely, can't wait for next weeks "recovery"

attachicon.gifblue line.JPG

300km done so far for the month (3300m elev).

2 more long rides planned (120 & 140 respectively) then start recovery for Midnight Express

Nice one Fanie!

On 376km for the month as of today but you are a little up on the elevation with me only at 3217m. Phasing my hill climbing training in. lol. (Training also began 31 December)

Planning my annual 4 day solo bike-pack tour (countryside to coast - C2C) for Feb (part of my training :clap: )

Bring on 36One! :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Funny or not, I have been placed on the waiting list - anyone with an available entry? 

It's because you haven't paid for the entry yet, so email them info@dryland.co.za and they will give you 48 hours to pay for your original entry.

• 4 weeks later...

two months to go.

how's the training going?

had a tummy bug so my training went to S*** the last 2 weeks.

I'm worried about the heat for the last section so I got myself the wolftooth brad system. now I can carry 3 bottles no worries.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. Post some pics! (Wolf Rad) Thinking of doing 36One on my hardtail this year and if I do, extra bottle cage could do. Hardly been on my full suss.

Training is still ahead of last year. Slightly. Been off the past week with a stuffy snotty head... :wacko:

52 days to go!!!

two months to go.

how's the training going?

had a tummy bug so my training went to S*** the last 2 weeks.

I'm worried about the heat for the last section so I got myself the wolftooth brad system. now I can carry 3 bottles no worries.

• 2 weeks later...

43 Days!! in counting...... my last big ultra training ride coming up tomorrow (Friday) start 6pm, x4 loops of +/-60km and if still feeling good by Saturday morning a 5th to make it 300km. So much rain has fallen over the past few days, the conditions of the 'groads is going to play a big part in getting this done......Thankful to be having a stronger, 36One newbie joining me........ :D

How are the rest of you warriors coming on........ ;)