Kirstenbosch Trail Respect

Blackheart

Very disappointed to see the damage done to the Kirstenbosch trail over the last few days.

Chopping up (or maybe Tjopping up) the trail with out of control braking and slides doesn't tell the rest of us how Rad you are, it just tells us you can't ride.

Some respect please for the people who negotiated your access to ride there, the people who built the trails and the rest of us who use them too.

Not ioba !! and he will be the first to scream when it gets taken away from us.

And there'll be lots of damp and wet terrain in the shadow of the mountain with the winter gods.

Did you see trail damage caused by riders blackheart? Or are you referring to skidding on the steep descents? Also, is what you saw in k'bosch specifically?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get my head around how severe.

Edited by (Deon)

Did you see trail damage caused by riders blackheart? Or are you referring to skidding on the steep descents? Also, is what you saw in k'bosch specifically?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get my head around how severe.

Yes, caused by rider, singular, judging by tyre pattern.

Deep scars from braking too late and too hard, back end sliding through turns, some overshoots on the down bits in both directions (c nek - newlands and back). Mostly on the wood chip ST and under the trees towards the two bridges, but in other places too.

Basically it's been a bit damp and someone has been riding like a twat.

:(  hand up....

The one was me on Sunday on the wood chip trail.

was this because your tyre came apart? or did this cause your tyre to fall apart :P

was this because your tyre came apart? or did this cause your tyre to fall apart :P

Nope... My tyres now have a clearly visible serial number on the inside. :)

Blackheart got it spot on, I was being a twat... I was with my "ride or die" homeboys and was messing around.

Nope... My tyres now have a clearly visible serial number on the inside. :)

Blackheart got it spot on, I was being a twat... I was with my "ride or die" homeboys and was messing around.

Thank you Donovan, you've had some time to reflect, you may rejoin the circle.

Now for the others.. about those long flowing descents on warm windless winter days when everyone is vying for a spot on the same trail, and the temptation for you to catch a few small dogs and maybe also a child in your spokes? Stop! You are leaving a wake of anger behind you.