Canyon Direct

Cycleboy7

BUMP, could some "duties expert" help with the "if I had to import 100% normally cost"?

Dont they ship directly here?

I need to understand the worst case. From there you can start weighting up the "what if scenarios".

Last I enquired about a canyon bike the bikebox + shipping + insurance alone was around 300 Euro

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steps as follows:

change delivery destination to UAE (there is no option for SA).

A reduced price (- 19% EU tax) will show.

Add bike to basket.

Bike guard and shipping will then be automatically added to the final price.

Take this price (in US dollar) and multiply with 15.4% (duties)

Then take this price and multiply it again with 14% (tax)

This will then be your final price.

When you finalize your order you ask them to ship directly to SA.

Don't have to route through UAE

Steps as follows:

change delivery destination to UAE (there is no option for SA).

A reduced price (- 19% EU tax) will show.

Add bike to basket.

Bike guard and shipping will then be automatically added to the final price.

Take this price (in US dollar) and multiply with 15.4% (duties)

Then take this price and multiply it again with 14% (tax)

This will then be your final price.

Ok cool:

This is what I would want 

1X Ultimate CF SLX Disc 9.0 SL US$5,399.00 1X Derailleur Hanger No. 40 US$17.95 1X Canyon Bike Stand 26 / 27,5 / 28 black US$21.95 2X Canyon Bottle 0.5L black US$3.90 1X CANYON BikeGuard US$15.37 1X Shipping

US$323.64

So total would be:  $5781

R77 754.00 at todays rate.

Plus duties: R89 728

Plus VAT= Total price of R102 290.

No how the hell would you get it from UAE to here?

You don't take it to UAE. In the final order requests, you ask them to ship direct to SA and give them your address. Bish bosh boosh... 

You don't take it to UAE. In the final order requests, you ask them to ship direct to SA and give them your address. Bish bosh boosh... 

Cool thanks!

Thanks for the help guys!

Ok cool:

This is what I would want 

1X Ultimate CF SLX Disc 9.0 SL US$5,399.00 1X Derailleur Hanger No. 40 US$17.95 1X Canyon Bike Stand 26 / 27,5 / 28 black US$21.95 2X Canyon Bottle 0.5L black US$3.90 1X CANYON BikeGuard US$15.37 1X Shipping

US$323.64

So total would be:  $5781

R77 754.00 at todays rate.

Plus duties: R89 728

Plus VAT= Total price of R102 290.

Something no one has asked, but are you getting rid of the C60 or is this just a N+1?

Something no one has asked, but are you getting rid of the C60 or is this just a N+1?

No, it will not be a N+1 thing. The C60 will need to find a new home.

I think I have a great spread of bikes, I don't have the bucks to blow on 2 high end road bikes.

unless hypothetically you leave SA with a bike ( an old smaller wheeled version) and returned with it refurbished after picking it up from my parents in uk.

Have had this thought many a time . But only a thought

I know of someone that came to the airport a few days before going to the US with a similar bike he was going to purchase(Both bikes where a cannondale super six, The "going out one" was just a few years older). He got all the forms sorted. He told them he's doing it before to save time on the day. He then left a few days later without a bike but with forms saying he was taking a cannondale super six over. When he got back apparently customs checked the bike and the forms and where happy. Form said super six and bike in bag was a super six. How would they know the one bought to the airport prior to leaving was a bit older. Apparently he didn't even ride the thing properly while there, Just a pedal outside the shop in the parking lot.

Another question, can you alter a build?

e.g.: I see no Disc option for a Di2 bike, and only 404 wheel options on others.

Cant you choose say 303 discs with Di2 instead of Etap?

No, it will not be a N+1 thing. The C60 will need to find a new home.

I think I have a great spread of bikes, I don't have the bucks to blow on 2 high end road bikes.

The C60 is like the girl you leave your first girlfriend for. Beatiful, mysterious and does things that can't be repeated to you.

The canyon is that fes you date while in varsity until you realize she's actually a bit dof.

I probably can't give my opinion though, just ordered the 2018 sworks tarmac frameset. It's just a spez :ph34r:

The C60 is like the girl you leave your first girlfriend for. Beatiful, mysterious and does things that can't be repeated to you.

The canyon is that fes you date while in varsity until you realize she's actually a bit dof.

I probably can't give my opinion though, just ordered the 2018 sworks tarmac frameset. It's just a spez :ph34r:

Its like those Tom Clancy books about the world almost being destroyed, and the people that never know just how close it came.

Thats me and that new Tarmac. Its amazing!! But I have always had this "want" for a Canyon.

Parking at Bidon Bistro on Sunday, there were 2 other C60s in the racks, and it made my mind up...... need to go Canyon.

But for that kind of money Im not too happy compromising on build. Im ok with the Magic wheels, even though they seem much heavier than the 404 build, but I am keen on Di2 over Etap.

So if I could build it with 303s and Di2.... it would be a done deal I think.

or is Etap just as good? Open question....

or is Etap just as good? Open question....

Maybe if you compare Dura Ace Di2 with Etap I'd day it's close.

But the Etap will definitely be better than Ultegra Di2 I reckon. (Ito weight not durability)

Archived