WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that is bad... wow...

what are your rights? Could eg WrightJnr sue CSA to pay up?

AFAIK, according to the Safety at Sport and Rec Act, events may not be hosted without insurance.... Typically, you are 'forced' to show CSA membership/buy day licence for the specific reason of being insured for the event....

CSA issues a certificate to the organisers as proof of sanctioning, which Includes your insurance cover, with policy number etc....

So that would be simple fraud????!!!!

Much like CSA banging on about their accident cover, MOST RAF legal firms do this on a no payout no charge basis, no cost to CSA either. All CSA do is give the name of one of the firms, and for this they shout CSA value add. 

ROADCOVER ensure that victims of motor vehicle accidents have immediate access to an effective Road Accident Fund (RAF) claims management system with NO costs to themselves. RoadCover removes the very difficult and complicated process that we face when processing a claim with the Road Accident Fund.

Edited by scotty

Can someone perhaps copy and past the tweet - blocked by my computer? :blush:

Cycling SA used member funds for salaries instead of paying for insurance cover. Cyclists rode in sanctioned events unprotected. Scary!

427003edc59a2aa9f94bb7873f43111e.jpg

Much like CSA banging on about their accident cover, MOST RAF legal firms do this on a no payout no charge basis, no cost to CSA either. All CSA do is give the name of one of the firms, and for this they shout CSA value add. 

ROADCOVER ensure that victims of motor vehicle accidents have immediate access to an effective Road Accident Fund (RAF) claims management system with NO costs to themselves. RoadCover removes the very difficult and complicated process that we face when processing a claim with the Road Accident Fund.

NOT the same thing...  This is not about RAF...

So, uhm, what are the implications for this?

Who are they accountable to?

Us! We can be the voices. The people they report too are just as incompetent. 

Mike Bradley has been busy on Twitter playing the victim again. Its amazing how its always something or somebody else's fault, AFTER the fact. 

Why not just hold unsanctioned events that abide by the SHE standards for events required for each size. This is what all the larger events do in Cape Town anyway, think Cycle Tour, Stell cycle tour, etc. They have their own insurance no real need for double cover. 

All that has happened as the average cyclist see's no value of CSA and either day licenses or does not license at all. 

My son crashed at BMX Nationals in April. Went to hospital in Ambulance etc etc. When I tried to claim a few weeks back I was told sorry, no money to pay, please claim from your own medical aid. And yes, I'm a fully paid up member, in fact hold 4 memberships with wife and kids as we all ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is very unfortunate. Good luck with that, making me think twice about taking part in any road events.