WTF CSA?

Patchelicious

The one with the unnamed author? I remember that piece. 

There were some fair comments made, but overall felt it came over as somewhat churlish.

That's the one. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. Trying to renew my CSA membership but can't log on because they have my old email address. Cant change the address because I can't log on... because they send the new access code to the old one.

Anyone else had this problem? They say someone will make contact, but I'm not holding my breath.

Hmm. Trying to renew my CSA membership but can't log on because they have my old email address. Cant change the address because I can't log on... because they send the new access code to the old one.

Anyone else had this problem? They say someone will make contact, but I'm not holding my breath.

Send email to dellah@cyclingsa.com and she will assist you.

• 3 months later...

Not sure this is the correct thread to post this, but a quick search did reveal that Gauteng East has been discussed.

Gauteng East has been placed under provincial administration, for a number of reasons. As a non-CyclingSA member, I don't give a number 2, but as I am involved at club level (members with a full racing licence) and also at a race organiser level (sanctioning is required) I need to keep my personal opinion separated from this.

A letter was sent to clubs in the region, but not all advising of the administration and also the "AGM". As it's not mandatory to join a club to hold CyclingSA Membership but only for a full racing licence it means that any person holding a CyclingSA Membership is automatically allowed to vote, or be a committee member - not sure what the constitution says about this specific point - which is what I am trying to find out.

The letter from Gauteng Cycling was to advise clubs of the administration, while the subsequent letter from the region was to advise of the AGM. Since then, it's been explained that it has to be a Special meeting to elect a new committee, whose responsibility it will be to get the region out of administration. Once the outstanding details are resolved, the region can then be taken out of provincial administration. 

The meeting is on 27 June 2019 (19:00) at the current chair person's house. I'm not sure I would want my personal details listed on a public forum, so if you're interested in attending, I will forward the notification of the letter. However, if anyone is interested in being part of the committee, they are taking nominations which close on 20 June 2019.

Interesting days ahead... it you care about the region.

GEC AGM 2019 (1).pdf

Not sure this is the correct thread to post this, but a quick search did reveal that Gauteng East has been discussed.

Gauteng East has been placed under provincial administration, for a number of reasons. As a non-CyclingSA member, I don't give a number 2, but as I am involved at club level (members with a full racing licence) and also at a race organiser level (sanctioning is required) I need to keep my personal opinion separated from this.

A letter was sent to clubs in the region, but not all advising of the administration and also the "AGM". As it's not mandatory to join a club to hold CyclingSA Membership but only for a full racing licence it means that any person holding a CyclingSA Membership is automatically allowed to vote, or be a committee member - not sure what the constitution says about this specific point - which is what I am trying to find out.

The letter from Gauteng Cycling was to advise clubs of the administration, while the subsequent letter from the region was to advise of the AGM. Since then, it's been explained that it has to be a Special meeting to elect a new committee, whose responsibility it will be to get the region out of administration. Once the outstanding details are resolved, the region can then be taken out of provincial administration.

The meeting is on 27 June 2019 (19:00) at the current chair person's house. I'm not sure I would want my personal details listed on a public forum, so if you're interested in attending, I will forward the notification of the letter. However, if anyone is interested in being part of the committee, they are taking nominations which close on 20 June 2019.

Interesting days ahead... it you care about the region.

GEC AGM 2019 (1).pdf

Interesting times indeed... I was informed a few weeks ago that this region does not have its criteria for regional colours set, for example. No regionals, no Gauteng colours either... Please forward the letter to me. Will PM details.

Interesting times indeed... I was informed a few weeks ago that this region does not have its criteria for regional colours set, for example. No regionals, no Gauteng colours either... Please forward the letter to me. Will PM details.

The Days where the region or province decide how colours are to be handed out is long gone.

It seems that regional colours are to be decided in a similar manner.

When last did you see proper inter regional or inter provincial cycling?

Riders must ride in provincial kit minimal sponsors logo.

And CSA have nothing to do with this.(I think :))

“Provincial colours” are reserved for interprovincial participation only and reserved for athletes representing Gauteng in competitions at the highest level consistent with the Academy and High Performance System of the Republic.

GSC Colours Regulations AnnexureFinal.pdf

Edited by Rolling Stone

The Days where the region or province decide how colours are to be handed out is long gone.

“Provincial colours” are reserved for interprovincial participation only and reserved for athletes representing Gauteng in competitions at the highest level consistent with the Academy and High Performance System of the Republic.

Bottom Line is that the regions (including Central Gauteng) need all these positions filled with people that are willing to give lots their time free of charge in order to grapple with things like a new colours policy.

Those people need to come from within the regions affiliated clubs and members.

 Chairman  Vice Chairman  Secretary  Treasurer  Road commissioner  Track commissioner  MTB commissioner  Rider representative  Transformation and Development commissioner

Edited by Rolling Stone

Thanks. The problem is that team selection is not happening. The respective cycling bodies will have to start taking action soon to not keep their riders at a disadvantage. Gauteng North (GNC) is the only region that I can find colours criteria for. I have heard of riders that register an address in that region, however not living there, just to be able to qualify for regional colours. That enabled one rider to be eligible for selection to represent the national team at the African XCO champs... GNC has things listed such as placing top 3 at an official national event (I don’t recall anything about representing the region to qualify). But, that is about to change...

Bottom Line is that the regions (including Central Gauteng) need all these positions filled with people that are willing to give lots their time free of charge in order to grapple with things like a new colours policy.

Those people need to come from within the regions affiliated clubs and members.

 Chairman  Vice Chairman  Secretary  Treasurer  Road commissioner  Track commissioner  MTB commissioner  Rider representative  Transformation and Development commissioner

Links? 

Much appreciated. Sad situation, imho dissolving regional structures into a provincial body would solve many of the issues and lighten up the inane amount of red tape. Easier said than done I know.

Agreed on the provincial thing - why replicate the setup in 5 regions when it's hard enough to get 10 dedicated people together. Sadly it's a SASCOC thing that dictates the regional structures.

Agreed on the provincial thing - why replicate the setup in 5 regions when it's hard enough to get 10 dedicated people together. Sadly it's a SASCOC thing that dictates the regional structures.

Agree with you all. Why I support the regional thing is simply it easier to achieve anything on a smaller scale than macro scale specially if you a volunteer.

So the provincial body is a must. And its a requirement. Ultimately it will only be a post box.

But we should retain the regional structures. Each region then has a mandate to look after cycling in their own region - breaking it into smaller pieces has advantages. I am a volunteer and I represent my region and can try best to run/organize/help etc in my region knowing what the needs and people are.

It however also have disadvantages - if a region cannot find these volunteer people then things like the above situation happens.

And that is probably why the elaborate process of election etc is needed - to ensure proper processes and structures are put in place - if not then the cyclist has no-one to support them at provincial/national level, help put colour policies in place, ensure races are run properly and safely, money does not get spent correctly or disappears, etc.

If I was from East I would seriously consider getting involved - and not necessarily sit on a committee but help find those individuals which has the oomph to run with this. Or give Frosty the support he needs.  :thumbup:

My 2c