Garmin Edge 500

Ironfist

I know the Edge 500 was not originally build for turn-by-turn navigation. Ia there a way to load a tcx file or somethinh similar to upload a route to get turn by turn navigation and if so, how accurate is it? I am not interested in the virtual rider ao its ok if its not incl in the route.

Can one download an android friendly cycle gps available which gives you turn by turn navigation?

Edge 500 has the worst turn-by-turn. It's a total thumbsuck. If you have the bucks, I hear the Edge 820 Topo bundle has the best navigation other than the Edge 1000. I have a 520 and I'm being constantly let down by it's navigation, perhaps I just don't know how to use it properly. 

Edge 500 has the worst turn-by-turn. It's a total thumbsuck. 

As mentioned above, at the Sani2C - if I had a penny for every time my Garmin bleeped telling me I'm off-course when I'm not...

So much so that the one time we genuinely took a wrong turn I ignored the bleeps because the thing is confused the whole time anyway...

As mentioned above, at the Sani2C - if I had a penny for every time my Garmin bleeped telling me I'm off-course when I'm not...

So much so that the one time we genuinely took a wrong turn I ignored the bleeps because the thing is confused the whole time anyway...

Same happened to me at J2C.

And at one stage we were on the wrong trail (running parallel to the correct trail, only a few 100 meters off) and I ignored mine, only to realize a couple of km down the trail that it was correct in warning me .

Luckily I was not alone in doing it, a few not so happy campers around.

AND NO, THEY DID NOT FOLLOW ME DOWN THE WRONG PATH....  :D  :P

At Sani2c I also found that the unit updated too slow at times. Sometimes we would get to a split/turnoff and the screen would be blank - only buzzing once we went the wrong way...

Ok thanks for the inputs. How accurate is Ride With GPS android app? The only nuisance is you have to use your phone as a gps

Considering remarks above - I found a lot of the confusion the guys mention re following the track - relates to the Zoom level you are set on. But, yes, it is annoying when you are on the left lane of the jeep-track and the off course message displays because it was mapped on the right lane.