How long should a warranty assessment take?

Insightphil1

Morning Hubbers

I would like some feedback of your experiences regarding warranty assessments on a Santa Cruz frame?

I have submitted a warranty claim 3 weeks ago and to date have heard absolutely nothing. Is this the general apathy that we face from high profile product providers or am I missing something?

Any comments?

Regards

Phil

Thanks Pure Savage

If a product provider who gives no service or feedback gets their knickers in a knot over criticism then that is just unacceptable. I am not complaining about the product. Its definitely one of the best bikes around but when you pay stupid money for that privilege then you expect some proper service or at least just some feedback.

Thanks Pure Savage

If a product provider who gives no service or feedback gets their knickers in a knot over criticism then that is just unacceptable. I am not complaining about the product. Its definitely one of the best bikes around but when you pay stupid money for that privilege then you expect some proper service or at least just some feedback.

Cool. 

With my warranty claim at another reputable brand, it was done in 3-4 working days since they got it. 

It may depend on the complexity though.

quick q - did you submit the claim through your LBS, and have you been communicating with them? Rush Sports (the agents) are normally pretty jacked up, so this sort of delay is quite surprising. 

Thanks Pure Savage

Read his post again, it's not a question of the provider getting their knickers in a knot, he's referring to the response by members. 

Did the bike shop process the claim or yourself? Was it via email? etc ... It's possible there may have been a breakdown somewhere like email getting lost in the cyber ether. It happens. Perhaps a follow up phone call will yield better results for you. 

Three weeks without your steed is a long time, hopefully you get sorted chop chop and can enjoy the trails again!

replacing my cannondale frame under warranty took about 7 days.   

replacement took 30 days dud it being over christmas and everyone stopped shipping

my cracked frame has been at cyclelab for a month and a half now...

omnico only expecting replacement stock end of this month.

Total +- 2months! 

think twice about cannondale. very poor customer service IMO.

this for a medium frame

imagine having to wait 2 months to ride again!

i'm lucky i was able to borrow my fathers bike.

quick q - did you submit the claim through your LBS, and have you been communicating with them? Rush Sports (the agents) are normally pretty jacked up, so this sort of delay is quite surprising. 

Yup zero feedback. Not even an email or a call 

Give Rush a call directly, if the bike is with them. If it's not with them, then ask your LBS why, and whether they've followed up with Rush themselves. 

t: 033 346 2300

That's Rush HQ's number. 

Morning Hubbers

I would like some feedback of your experiences regarding warranty assessments on a Santa Cruz frame?

I have submitted a warranty claim 3 weeks ago and to date have heard absolutely nothing. Is this the general apathy that we face from high profile product providers or am I missing something?

Any comments?

Regards

Phil

Hi Phil

1.) I'm assuming this claim was submitted through the Santa Cruz website?

2.) Did you submit yourself or did the bike shop submit on your behalf? (if so which dealer?)

3.) Please can you DM me your email address so that I can track and pull up on the Santa Cruz system?

As soon as I've got the info above I'll be able to pull up the details and figure out whats going on.