[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you say they cannot? Where did you hear that, Drum Magazine!?  :whistling:  :ph34r:

It is a distinct possibility that there will be a replay of this year's "community protests" 

They saw how easy it is to do that, and they saw the reaction to it.

Do not discount this....

and the glass half empty crowd said that after the argus shutdown by masi 2oceans will be closed by protests,,,what happened...fkall. and it goes right by IY who have probably had 90% of the ct protest this year.

but yes, masi could shut down the argus next year, giphy.gif

Entered, But paid R510 even though I'm registered with PPA.????

+1 happened to me as well. ????

+1 happened to me as well. ????

Just asking.. did the discount options not appear when you entered ?

Mine showed with discount / donation to PPA / normal price

Why even have an option to choose whether you want the discount? Who is going to refuse a discount lol, or is it deliberately like that to catch people off guard.

TANDEM entries. I have not ridden Le Tour since 1994 so I am not clued up on entry processes. Are tandem entries submitted in a single page or must the two riders enter separately?

Entered - even though I've only been walking again for a week and weeks away from my first bike ride after injury.

TANDEM entries. I have not ridden Le Tour since 1994 so I am not clued up on entry processes. Are tandem entries submitted in a single page or must the two riders enter separately?

there is an option to add another rider during the entry process.

Entered - even though I've only been walking again for a week and weeks away from my first bike ride after injury.

Sterkte Mamil

One day at a time, man

????

The guys that paid R510 this year and are registered with PPA...

Were you registered with the PPA last year when entering for the CTCT?

Yes I was registered with PPA.

I did not see this when I did my entry.

Do you know how many protesters held Hout Bay ransom earlier this year? I mean PROPER protesters, not 'hangers-on'... It's been estimated it was around 40... it's not too difficult to get 40 people organised in secret. Also, I'm not debating the legitimacy of the protest, but they weren't local to HB - they roped the locals in, and incited the whole fiasco.

So... the reasons for the protest... have they gone away? or those in Masi? No and No, in case you're wondering... All it needs it ONE issue to flare up on the day, and next year this time our conversation will be completely different.

I suspect a repeat of 2017 more on the cards than you know. JMHO... I'm hoping for sanity between now and then

If it's only 40 protesters then hiring a private security company to monitor from the night before with 80 people is not that hard.